• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't know what's wrong with Louie U/D Vets.

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
For the last couple of days, Louie hasn't been eating his greens or pellets. He is still eating carrot tops, hay, grass and dried lemon balm but not the rest.

He is still bounding around, he even managed to go upstairs last night, but it's just so unlike him to refuse his other food.

If he is still the same tomorrow I will get him to the vets. The last time he had stomach issues he didn't move or eat anything at all which is not the same as is happening this time.

Anybody got any ideas? I've posted here as not many people go in the Health section.

Last edited:
Well, we managed to prise open his mouth :roll: and checked his front teeth, which aren't at all overgrown but of course can't see the back ones.

Definately off to the vets tomorrow if he hasn't improved.

Well, we managed to prise open his mouth :roll: and checked his front teeth, which aren't at all overgrown but of course can't see the back ones.

Definately off to the vets tomorrow if he hasn't improved.

Prob the best idea :) Good luck at the vets :wave::wave:

Alvin goes off pellets first when his tummy is going off.. i think its thier own way to fix what ever can be up, alvin has had a few slow downs now without actually going on hunger strike since i changed his diet and its always the pellets that get neglected in favour of hay and leaves, few days later hes totally back to normal :wave:

vets is always a good idea if your worried tho

poor louie :( casper only goes off his pellets when he has a tummy problem, when he has bad teeth its usally the hay casper goes off of, but the best way to check is the vets :) just incase it is his back teeth :wave: hope he is eating nomally soon :D

maybe he wants a bunny friend... :) I know it sounds odd but rabbits arnt meant to live by themselves. My rabbit acted like this before i got him a friend :wave:

My first thought was teeth, definately worth getting them checked to rule them out. Has anything changed in the house recently that might have unsettled him?

Bungle frequently stops eating certain foods. It's usually when he is being grumpy and is protesting against us brushing him! He usually picks up after 12 hours.

My first thought was teeth, definately worth getting them checked to rule them out. Has anything changed in the house recently that might have unsettled him?

No, nothing at all.

I just thought it was odd as he is still eating hay, grass and carrot tops but not his normal herbs/leaves :?

I hope I'm not going to have another poor rabbit with teeth issues :(

Hope louie is feeling a bit better, i love your siggy too :love: xxx

Thank you, on both counts!

Louie's had some corriander tonight. I suddenly remembered I had some Infacol and thought, no harm in trying, so maybe it is his stomach afterall :?

Thank you, on both counts!

Louie's had some corriander tonight. I suddenly remembered I had some Infacol and thought, no harm in trying, so maybe it is his stomach afterall :?

Oh poor little man maybe he has a bit of trapped wind, at least he is eating something. xx

Back