• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I REALLY Dont Need This Now :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
OK, I know I should not enthropomorphise a Rabbit but I am sitting here sobbing as Enya just bit me. I saved her bloody life. Stupid thing to say, she is a Rabbit and cant possibly know that. She also only bit me as she gets so tuned up if I sweep past her and Patricks enclosure. So I have to shut her in a crate whilst I do so otherwise she attacks Patrick, the broom I am using to sweep leads to referred aggression.........

I stupidly tried to nudge her into the crate, she KNOWS this means a broom is about. I forgot to take off my rubber gloves, which also wind her up, so she bit my hand HARD. There is exposed bone on my finger and blood EVERYWHERE.

I know it's ridiculous to be so upset but I am :cry: I have had a horrendous day with other 'issues' and now I feel that even one of my Rabbits hates me.

:cry:

:( Dont really have anything constructive to say im afraid...

Have you cleaned it up and bandaged it?

It wasn't a personal attack :)

jane please go and get your finger seen too!

Im sorry Enya bit you but Im sure she didnt do it to be horrid, she was just wound up, these things happen :(

Poor you! I hope your finger gets better quickly!
If its any consolation, Lluna bit me this morning as I didn't move my hand out of her pellets quickly enough :roll:
All your rabbits love you - even if they have a funny way of showing it sometimes!

:( I'm really sorry to hear that, you know she didn't mean it. I hope you can forgive her and your hand will be alright and not need stitches:(

Ouch, that must blinking well hurt. Did you swear lots? That usually helps I find. :oops: :lol:

Don't be so hard on yourself for feeling like you do; it's probably just the shock of what's happened and once things have calmed down you'll realise it wasn't vindictive.

Sounds like you need to get some medical attention for a bite that bad :(

If biting you means a bunny hates you then a couple of mine must hate me on a daily basis :lol: Enya doesn't understand the consequences of her actions and also will have no idea of the problems you are going through personally so try not to take it to heart.

But for some reason the more upset you already are the more the bites seem to hurt :(

Enya doesn't hate you Jane and you know it. I have been bitten and scratched by both of my cats; it's something that animals do for some reason! :?

Please see a doctor as it may need stitching/antibiotics. Is your tetanus jab up to date?

Just to add,

When you are stressed and have a house full of rabbits sometimes it is best to just try to get away from them for half an hour. Thats why our bedroom is a bunny free zone.

I know its cold but can you not wrap up warm and go for a walk round the block just to clear your head. Or failing that do what I do, take a suduko to the toilet for 15 minutes to take your mind of things. It one of my favourite bunny free past times!

OK, I know I should not enthropomorphise a Rabbit but I am sitting here sobbing as Enya just bit me. I saved her bloody life. Stupid thing to say, she is a Rabbit and cant possibly know that. She also only bit me as she gets so tuned up if I sweep past her and Patricks enclosure. So I have to shut her in a crate whilst I do so otherwise she attacks Patrick, the broom I am using to sweep leads to referred aggression.........

I stupidly tried to nudge her into the crate, she KNOWS this means a broom is about. I forgot to take off my rubber gloves, which also wind her up, so she bit my hand HARD. There is exposed bone on my finger and blood EVERYWHERE.

I know it's ridiculous to be so upset but I am :cry: I have had a horrendous day with other 'issues' and now I feel that even one of my Rabbits hates me.

:cry:

hope your finger is ok jane

I remember Barney biting my face once - I had bruising all down my neck afterwards.
It was my own fault as he smelt another male rabbit on me, but I remember sobbing cos I couldn't believe he'd do that after all I'd done for him:roll: so I sympathise with you, even though we know its not rational!!

Hope your finger is ok - its amazing how dangerous those teeth are.

awwww Jane they really are ungrateful ******* sometimes :( i think you should cuddle with a snuggle bun to cheer up, on the upside as much as some may not appreciate you i bet there are loads who just wait for that snuggle xxx

Thanks guys, I know I was being bloody silly thinking 'how could you do that th ME'. It was just what with everything else that's going on I am not feeling that robust :oops:

Of course Enya was not being vindictive, she was just acting on instinct.

Feel really daft posting about it all now :oops:

if shes anything like Holly theres no instinct about it... that rabbit used to watch me, jump onto my bed and then pee with malice !!!!!!

Oh dear !! I can just imagine the 'and you'll stop me doing this HOW exactly' look she must've had on her face !! :lol:

Thanks guys, I know I was being bloody silly thinking 'how could you do that th ME'. It was just what with everything else that's going on I am not feeling that robust :oops:

Of course Enya was not being vindictive, she was just acting on instinct.

Feel really daft posting about it all now :oops:

You're not daft for thinking what we all think when we get bitten! :oops:
It's normal to think that the animal is an :evil: :censored:. It is also normal to use foul language on these occasions. :oops:

Back