• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Destruction Has Begun!!

Bitzy

Mama Doe
OK so I know I said I didn't mind Dizzi and Rascal ruining the spare bedroom as it needs decorating in the New Year anyway ........ but at this rate there'll be no carpet left by spring!!

Dizzi kept trying to dig in the corner of the bedroom and I came home yesterday to find a big gaping hole in the carpet! I've had to put a brick there now to stop them trying to get to it.

Rascal the little, well, rascal was having a proper go at it when I walked in and when he saw me he turned his back to me facing the wall, I swear if he was a hoomin he'd have been whistling!! :lol:

Any ideas on how I can stop them doing it in other areas??

Thanks

All i can say is 'good luck'.

Biscuit spent months doing this. He doesnt dig in the carpet at all now. Think it was an 'age' thing and we gave him more to play with.

Corners are attractive to bunnies. The only thing i found, was to cover the corners with soemthing.

I laid carpet squares in every corner he had access to and put something heavy on top. Also, yellow pages with hay / pellets / treats between pages is a great concentration game.

I'm afraid you won't ever stop them though, thats why they had lino after :lol:

Ditto!

Mine used to dig the carpet in this room, all of them have at some point apart from Mischa. My room was fine so I think it's the type of pile or something that they like to dig on! The only thing I can suggest is to cover it over with something like an offcut of lino or a dust sheet taped with gaffa tape to the walls. I doubt you'll get them to actually stop, although not reacting when they do it may help.

Back