• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Holly Please / UD 'Still with us' P36

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Yet again I'm asking for Vibes this time for Holly, she went to the vets 2 weeks ago for a dental check as she has lost some weight but Holly got so stressed having her mouth checked that the vet told us to leave it for 2 weeks and monitor her weight. Holly has lost 1/2 lb over the space of a month and so she is at the Vet's early tomorrow morning for a light GA to check her teeth.

Could I also ask for 'safe journey' vibes for Mike who is braving the snow and icy roads to get her to the vet's tomorrow which is an hour away.

Thank You so much.

Holly.
MyBunnies004.jpg

MyBunnies005.jpg

Last edited:
sending lots of vibes for Holly and for a safe journey for her and Mike

might be worth putting her on a course of baytril and metacam in case she has an infection? This is what 'cured' Jasmine from her weight loss as well as her dental :wave: Think the baytril will treat the majority of weight loss causes

sending lots of vibes for Holly and for a safe journey for her and Mike

might be worth putting her on a course of baytril and metacam in case she has an infection? This is what 'cured' Jasmine from her weight loss as well as her dental :wave: Think the baytril will treat the majority of weight loss causes

Holly is on Metacam she is very quiet and she is so excited when you put her feed in and she will go up to it and just nibble and walk away, I will be in a state tomorrow ....again! :?

Holly is on Metacam she is very quiet and she is so excited when you put her feed in and she will go up to it and just nibble and walk away, I will be in a state tomorrow ....again! :?

aww bless her :( does sound like dental. Will be thinking of you hun xxx

You have such beautiful bunnies! Lots of vibes for Holly, hope tomorrow's vet visit is a little less stressful for her and vibes for a safe journey in the snow xx

Update on Holly.

Well Mike set of early this morning to go to our vets in Sunderland with Holly and they safely got there despite the snow.

Our vet was a bit worried about Holly's weight loss and she is going to give her a light GA and look inside her mouth to see if she has a back molar spur (Holly wouldn't let her look last time she was there for a dental check up and was getting stressed) if it's not her teeth she is going to x-ray her tummy as she think's it could be something to do with the Kidney as Holly has what you call a 'floating Kidney'.

Will know more this afternoon.

I'll be leaving for work mid afternoon, but will check for an update later on this evening. Wishing Mike and Holly a safe return journey. :wave:

Update on Holly/ Bad News :-(

Mike is back home and we have just had a phone call from our vet, Holly has had her mouth checked and her teeth are fine, so they have done an x-ray and they have found she has an abnormality on a kidney and going into renal failure.

We had 2 choices we could let her go there and then or our vet said she could give her a steroid injection and Mike to give Holly penicillin injections every 3 days and if we can get her eating this will give her a few more months hopefully. :cry:

We have opted for trying to give her more time as we would like to spend Christmas with her once more and spoil her rotten and just make her time left special.
Mike has bought her loads of herbs as she loves them and does eat them, we can only try if we think at all we are losing we will let her go.

I'm sat here writing this in tears as it's not long since we lost Hope and Angel before her Poppet before him. :cry:

I'm sorry her outlook is not better, but all the more reason to make every day precious. Thinking of you both, and Holly.

I am so sorry its not better news.

When Lettie had liver cancer she had monthly steroid injections and it definitely increased her time with us. I hope it does the same for Holly too :)

Our girl is back home in the warm with us, she has a bandage on her ear as they have took blood and when she is a bit brighter we need a urine sample.
Just so glad to have both Holly and Mike safely home.

Holly001-1.jpg

I have just seen this.
Poor Holly, what sad news for her, but i would have done the same as you and brought her home to spend some "special" time with her.
Well done to Mike for getting up and down that motorway in this awful weather.

Back