• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Metal drinking tube on bunny bottles.

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
I mentioned this in a thread yesterday and I am repeating it as I think it's important for people to know but when checking your outside bunny water bottles in this weather make sure the metal drinking tube is not frozen inside as this can happen and does. If you have an insulated cover on the water bottle still check the metal drinking tube to be on the safe side better still have a couple of bunny water bottles and when you go outside to check just swap the bottle with another. :wave:

I only have one bunny who uses a bottle and there was an icicle hanging from the spout this morning. It is really hard to stop the spouts from freezing :?

I am just looking for information as Spenser will not drink from a bottle. He had one in his previous home, but I discovered he prefers a bowl. I kept the bottles in case I get another bunny who likes them.

I am just looking for information as Spenser will not drink from a bottle. He had one in his previous home, but I discovered he prefers a bowl. I kept the bottles in case I get another bunny who likes them.

Out of all 38 bunnies we only have 4 that use a bottle. We used to give them the choice of both but nearly all choose to drink from bowls :)

My little girly has a bowl and a bottle but shes now scared the bejesus out of herself with a bowl :roll: Clearly dunking yourself face first into a bowl of COLD water, digging and splashing with your front feet at the water and then racing round like a nut job isnt the best way to wake up in the morning!;)

Back