• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

:'( U/D Post 88 :(

abi2047

Mama Doe
I am feeling really bad for Riley because I just been to check on him and put the cover down on his hutch and he is sat in the run looking confused, upset and lost :(
I have asked mum on several occasions if I can bring him indoors but she always says no :cry:
I am working on his accomodation as it isn't the biggest and he just sits in his run looking bored, confused and lost, like I said earlier :(
I just want to go sit with him and give him some nose rubs :cry:

No point to this thread really :oops:

Last edited:
Like people have been saying to me, you're trying to improve his accomodation and hopefully you will be able to soon. Just go out, give him a cuddle, maybe give him some noms to occupy him and hope you feel better soon:)

You'd be surprised at what rabbits do to keep themselves amused Abi, I'm sure hes busy keeping himself amused :) try not to worry, animals have a habit of suprising us

Treat balls are good, they're only a few quid and they take quite a while to get all the food out. Might be an idea :)

aww Abi he will be fine your hutch is well insulated.

why does your mum not want him inside? :wave:

You'd be surprised at what rabbits do to keep themselves amused Abi, I'm sure hes busy keeping himself amused :) try not to worry, animals have a habit of suprising us

He has nothing apart from toys in his hutch to amuse himself and he doesn't even like the toys :(

Like people have been saying to me, you're trying to improve his accomodation and hopefully you will be able to soon. Just go out, give him a cuddle, maybe give him some noms to occupy him and hope you feel better soon:)

I can't go outdoors anymore as mum will shout at me :(

He doesn't 'like' toys :? :(

Neither does Charlie, but you put their food in it. They have to roll it about to get the food - it's not a game it's an activity so that they're working for their food. Trust me, they're good :)

Riley knows you love him and are doing your best for him. :love: Is his water OK? Spenser's is tending to freeze over in this cold weather.

I've noticed a few people commenting that their bunnies often sit out in their runs on cold nights, when they could be snug in their hutches.

Oh once they hear the treat ball they always play :)
I bought Pierre a rattle ages ago, and he left it alone for about a year and now plays with it all the time :lol:

hey dont worry! I sometimes find my rabbits sitting in a daze, sounds like what riley is doing and mines live in a shed so it will have nothing to do with the accommodation. Try toilet roll tubes stuffed with hay and veg or a treat, mines go mad for it, if riley likes his food he will love this :)

Spenser loves cardboard boxes, but does tend to trash them after a few nights. :roll::lol: I don't mind as long as he doesn't eat too much cardboard as that would be bad for his insides. He's not that interested in toys, although he has several. He has recently shown an intereest iin eggboxes, especially if I put hay or a few pellets in them.:wave:

Riley knows you love him and are doing your best for him. :love: Is his water OK? Spenser's is tending to freeze over in this cold weather.

I've noticed a few people commenting that their bunnies often sit out in their runs on cold nights, when they could be snug in their hutches.

His water hasn't frozen, yet, it has two toe socks on which are really thick and one of the scratch and newton bottle covers.
I gave him a quick check to feel how warm his skin was and it is quite warm but I don't mind him sitting in the hutch it's just the way he looks, confused, bored, upset. x

Because he 'stinks' :(

could you not suggest bringing him in and leaving your window open or locked open? Will stop the smell :wave: and stop your windows getting condensation and damp :D;):lol:

mine don't really like toys either but anything cardboard is always a winner :roll::lol:

Benji doesn't like "proper" toys either.

But give him a ball of paper to tear up or a cardboard tube to chuck around, and he's happy for hours:) You could try that.

I have tryed the ball of paper and cardboard tube loads of times, he throws the tube one or two times in the air then chucks it in the run to get soggy and never bothers with it again :roll:
The paper gets a few nibbles then flattened and wee'd on :roll:

His water hasn't frozen, yet, it has two toe socks on which are really thick and one of the scratch and newton bottle covers.
I gave him a quick check to feel how warm his skin was and it is quite warm but I don't mind him sitting in the hutch it's just the way he looks, confused, bored, upset. x

If you feel his ears you'll be able to tell how warm he is hun :wave:

Mine keep hunching up as well and looking quite miserable I think it is just to conserve heat :wave:

Back