• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jasmine seems back to herself UD shes gained weight

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
She keeps chasing Daphne around and fur pulling like she always used to :roll: bet poor Daphne wishes she was still under the weather

She is still skinny but she seems to be steadily gaining :)

Oh thats fantastic news.:D
Do you have any idea what is/was wrong with her?

Well we think it was dental, she had a dental on her spurs then her gums were inflamed, or she could have had an infection, or both. Ended up treating her for both as she was too frail for further tests

So pleased she's improving. Such a wee darling that she is. :love: Daphne must be a bit disgruntled though. :roll:

So pleased she's improving. Such a wee darling that she is. :love: Daphne must be a bit disgruntled though. :roll:

I know, it's still not great. It's one of the reasons I want to bond them with Lucy and Zero, to smooth the hierarchies out a bit as Jasmine is constantly fur pulling, nipping, chasing and humping Daphne and has been ever since I got them.

I think the humping is why the awful pet shop I rescued them from thought Jasmine was a boy :roll:

I know, it's still not great. It's one of the reasons I want to bond them with Lucy and Zero, to smooth the hierarchies out a bit as Jasmine is constantly fur pulling, nipping, chasing and humping Daphne and has been ever since I got them.

I think the humping is why the awful pet shop I rescued them from thought Jasmine was a boy :roll:

I didn't know that! :shock: Did you have Harvey before the girls?

I didn't know that! :shock: Did you have Harvey before the girls?

Yes :) Harvey was my first bunny. Then I got Zero to bond but they fought. Then I got Castiel to bond and they fought. Then I got involved in rescuing the girls and then Castiel and Zero needed wifeybuns :)

Thank you Julie :wave: I really appreciate how supportive you've been :love: xx

think I spoke too soon :( poor Jas is covered in scabs :cry: the first one I noticed I thought was just where she had been having her injections as she has had a few recently but there are a couple on her sides too. At the vets tomorrow with her.

I don't know what to do if they are bullying each other. As far as I know she and Daphne have always been together although obviously I don't really know their history. They have always humped, fur pulled, chased and nipped though :?

Do you think I would be wise to ahead with bonding a 5 (when she is better of course) in the hope that it sorts out the hierarchies and the fact they'll have more space will make them less squabbly?

Do you think I should separate her? I really don't want to, they still groom and snuggle but they are also sometimes unsettled.

Or do you think just sticking with the trio would be best?

Tulip and Tiesto were like that, always humping and fur pulling. When I tried to reintroduce after they were spayed it was unsuccessful:( Tulip was too ill to be put through that. But like Jasmine and Daphne, they groomed and snuggled loads too:?

Just realised, you rescued them at the same time as I did Tulip and Tiesto, and they nested at the same time and one got really ill and their behaviour towards each other is the same:shock::lol:

I was going to try to bond all my four until I remembered Feegal has referred aggression:(

I am really pleased Daphne is feeling better:):love:

Aww nicola, do you think jasmine is being bullied? hope you get to the root of the problem. xxxxxxxxx

Aww nicola, do you think jasmine is being bullied? hope you get to the root of the problem. xxxxxxxxx

I really don't know :( as she bullies the others I think it is a bit of a two-way street

Hancy :wave: yes they were rescued at the same time and everything :lol: and Jasmine looks like a mis-marked dutch :lol::shock:

Hi Nicola :wave:
Ive been internetless for a month so am abit out of the loop :oops: Sorry to hear Jasmine was poorly, im so glad shes abit better now :D
Maybe Daphnes been nipping her defensively if shes usually the feisty one?
Hope it all sorts itself out soon, and loads of vibes for the vet visit today xxxxx

she's gained weight :D and apparently the scabs are just from the injections.

vet said she'd be fat enough for christmas :shock:

Back