• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ruby has become wilder now she's by herself

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Do you think this is common?

Ruby has broken away from my bonded five leaving her as a one and the other four together. She's been on her own for two weeks now and she just seems to have got wilder and wilder. She was never human friendly bun and always quite wild, but now all her wild signs are increasing... she won't be picked up anymore, she won't be stroked, she runs away and acts terrified. I don't mind any of this, but it's such a change of personality since she's broken away from the other buns.

Can you bring her inside? Poor girl :( And poor you :( I hope she begins to quieten down again soon. They are such complex creatures arent they?

*hugs*

She's inside at the moment :( but still being like this.

Because I got her when I already had Ralph and bonded them pretty quickly, I never really got to know her out of the context of other rabbits.

Turns out she's a very scared little bun, and must have hidden behind the human confidence of Ralph and the other rabbits... :(

Did she seperate herself from them? Is everything ok otherwise? she is eating pooing normally etc? Maybe she just doesnt like being in a group

that's what I've been wondering but she's been checked over by a vet and she's fine... She's still eating and pooing normally, but it's just like her personality has changed...

Hi Kate:wave:

I suspect you are right. She is missing the shelter and companionship of the other bunnies.

I have certainly known two very frightened rabbits together feed off each others fear and make themselves even more spooked. So, I imagine she is just feeling a bit more vulnerable out of bunny company.

If you are thinking of finding her a friend I would look for a placid, laid back neutered buck who will be a calming influence and reasoner for her.

Bit like Derek and I!! But I am not telling you who the sensible one is, you have to guess:D

Alice

Back