• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Covered the run. Good job!

linda.b

Young Bun
I posted a few weeks ago how my rabbits sit out in the run even though they have a tunnel through to the lovely heated shed. The other day I decided to cover the run with tarp and its a good job I did! They are still sitting out in it most of the day :roll: :lol:

letitsnow.jpg

Be carefull the weight of the snow dosnt collapse the lid of the run.
I noticed mine was sagging in the middle, near to collapse, i must have moved a tonne of snow off it.

Thanks rabbitapril. It's actually 3 6ftx3ft runs joined together and hubby put a framework round it. Theres a strong piece of plywood screwed along the back. just spoke to hubby and he said it is fine and the way its constructed will withold the weight of the snow. :)

Hi All,

Sorry im having to post this to everyone (im relatively new!)

@linda.b

@rabbitapril

Just noticed your both in Newcastle! How are you coping?? Im very worried about my bunnies getting cold overnight, and even through the day at this rate! How are you keeping your buns warm . . whats your set up?

Im really interested in how fellow northeateners are doing im glad i found you with outdoor rabbits!

Lj

Hiya Lj

Lovely weather!
My buns have the shed which has a heater on 24/7! Saying that, they spend a good amount of time in the run which has a tunnel through to the lovely warm shed.
It causes havoc with leccy bill, but hubby is as bad as his pond is heated too. Talk about pampered pets! :lol:

oh thanks for getting straight back linda b :)

Ive been getting to know nicola1 and jenefina who use the same vets as me (metrovets, ive chatted about it on here)

ill get some photies of my set up :) its a shed+run like yours.

Im sure if you know your way around the forum you will find the photies ive got up of my buns!

Im getting an electric heater from my parents home, form back when i had guinea pigs as a kid, so ill be warming them this way too! for now its snugglesafes all round!

Back