• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutch ladder troubles

missemwo

New Kit
i cant get my rabbit to use his hutch ladder, in this weather its bad news and he just sits in the cold, any tips? hes recently just been upgraded from a much smaller hutch:?

its a ramp with small blocks of wood on, i already tried put food on the blocks to get him to go up but didnt work

Could you maybe try it the other way round and put him in the hutch, see if he'll come out?? Or have you already tried that one?

I have read that some rabbits just dont like them. Can you try putting him and the top and seeing if he will walk down - tempted by food infront of his nose?

we tried that and he wouldnt :( i was hoping he would do it this way

if a bun hasnt seen a ramp before, they wont know what to do with it.

Over time, if you leave the ramp area available, he'll learn, im sure.

What kind of foods were you using to tempt him down?

I had the same problem, had to keep putting him out then back in. Took about a week for him to do it on his own, hes a pro now :)

just some veg, hes my first bun and i feel like im doing it alll wrong ahhh. ill keep moving him till he gets the hang off it!

Is it too steep? Sometimes you can add another bit of wood underneath where it attaches to make it less steep, or something on the floor to do the same thing

Most buns get the idea eventually, but one of mine has to have two wide steps to jump up and down instead of a ramp.

Back