• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hey! No hay!

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
the place we got our bales from has run out according to Ian, that's PLG in Norwich. We had to get a bale from Ken's but its nowhere near as nice looking as PLG's hay.:cry:

I get my hay from the local pet supply shop. The bag I have just bought is packed a lot looser than usual and is shorter strands which is basically useless to me for what I need it for. I have to buy more. I was wondering if there was a shortage.

Where I get mine they say people have been stocking up for winter.....
I have 2 bales stored in my shed so far & want to get another one as my current one has just finshed. OH thinks it should be fine but rather safe than sorry I say - just hope they keep and dont get wet even though they are in the shed - its an old shed.;)

I'm about to start a new bale - should last me until mid January - hope I have no trouble getting another then. It was ok last year although they ran out of meadow bales so had to get a rye bale. I'm not sure where I'd put an extra bale.

:wave: I know :cry::cry::cry:

i was meant to email you but forgot... sorry, I went a few weeks ago and they had run out so had to get the rubbish one from Kens - the buns are not too impressed and I need another in a few weeks as my last bale got damp and Ive had to throw it ... what are we going to do? it will cost me a fortune to go back to pet shop hay!!

Ken's do at least have loads, so many in fact that they wouldn't reserve one for us. Thankfully mine aren't too fussy, but I do feel bad not giving them the nice stuff. I'm going to mix what I've got left together, to make it last a bit longer. Can't believe PLG ran out though, they had stacks of the stuff last time we went. Oh well. Guess we'll stock up next time around. :cry:

Back