• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do aggressive buns...

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
ever sometimes just decide to be nice? I'm fostering one from Jill, & she's gone for me a few times - I have been wearing heavy duty gardening gloves, so just didn't react cos I couldn't really feel anything, then nose rubbed her when she'd done. She gets picked up twice a day - to go to run & back, always with my gloves.

This week she's actually been coming over to see me - instead of backing into corner. I've now ungloved myself, & she's happily accepting nose rubs & gently taking veg from my hand.

Not sure what's suddenly made her decide I'm ok - unless this is a trick to lull me into a false sense of security:?:lol:

Be warned..she can be lovely..then will go for you again..she is truly unpredictable..but when she is nice she is gorgeous:D

poppy was very aggressive, i had her spayed and no difference.. she is just a very nervous bunny, she graddually trustest me over time, although when i take her to the vets she gets all nervous again and it takes me a good week for her to trust me again, she bites anyone else that goes near her but doesnt with me anymore, i think they learn to trust you over time :) some rabbits are just very nervy

Yes they can change :love:

Daisy was suposed to be aggressive... When we first got her she did try and box everyone. but now every morning she runs over for her morning nose rub before going into the garden :love:
And she once... just once came running over when i was in the garden for a fuss.

But i keep it short and sweet so she wants more :oops: :lol:

:love::love:

Doodee was rehomed - with a health warning for us as she was classed as very aggresive.

I did not manage to get as far as you have in the time you have but yes it sounds like meeting her on her terms and giving her space to be her self may be the first step towards making friends with an uber-grump with teeth and claws.

Doodee had been spayed in the hopes this would help her aggression levels but it did not; she is just plain messed up in the head from her previous life.

Keep going with your foster bun enjoy the good days and cut her slack on the bad days.
Who knows with TLC and time you may have far more good days with her than bad.:D

Well done you, patience, love and understanding is all we can give them at times and hopefully, they will learn to give it back. Long may it last

Be warned..she can be lovely..then will go for you again..she is truly unpredictable..but when she is nice she is gorgeous:D

I should probably have read that before I snuggled my face into hers last night :oops:, but honestly she has just completely turned into snuggle bun:lol: (however temporary:lol:)

Calel has never been like that - his aggression is unpredicatable too - but happens a lot more often - he charges, although will accept nose rubs.

Oh well, I will just enjoy it while it lasts:lol:

Hey I rehomed a bunny from here who was meant to be like that. She is the most snuggle bun I have of all mine now.

She was a bit bitey when first came in then settled..then when went to foster..bit them..but not often..sadly had to change foster home and didn't settle there at all and got very bitey..
I think she is just choosey as to people she will and won't bite!

She was a bit bitey when first came in then settled..then when went to foster..bit them..but not often..sadly had to change foster home and didn't settle there at all and got very bitey..
I think she is just choosey as to people she will and won't bite!

It's weird how she changed - I just noticed how she stopped going for me - then suddenly she's practically jumping into my arms (in a nice way - not a Calel-trying-to-get-throat-in-death-grip-way)

She's lovely:love::love:

It's weird how she changed - I just noticed how she stopped going for me - then suddenly she's practically jumping into my arms (in a nice way - not a Calel-trying-to-get-throat-in-death-grip-way)

Sonny, our honeybunny foster, is a little growly and lungey. He's getting a lot better, but still slightly unpredictable! He was being beautiful and loving his nose rubs, when suddenly he bit my o/h - oops!

Might she be staying Angie?

I think she loves you! :D
Perhaps, you should keep her! :wave:

Back