• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do they want to go outside?

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I just had both of them begging at the back door like little dogs so I opened the door and they ran out and sat in the hutch for half an hour. It started snowing and I kept on opening the back door to call them in but they just sat and looked at me or hopped off into covered sleeping area. :roll:

They're in now.

Mine have access to an aviary 24/7 & I was watching them, covered in snowflakes sitting on a pile of hay this morning, when there are 3 other perfectly ok piles of hay in the warm(er) shed:roll:

Maybe they just like the novelty of it. Get your camera out - we want to see pics of Grim and Smoo in the snow. :wave:

It's more like cold slush... it's not stuck out the back...

Spenser will hat it when our snow turns to slush. He so dislikes damp paws. Sometimes he steps in his water bowl in his rush to reach the pellet dish, and the look of disgust on his face when he realises what he has done is really quite funny.

Spenser will hat it when our snow turns to slush. He so dislikes damp paws. Sometimes he steps in his water bowl in his rush to reach the pellet dish, and the look of disgust on his face when he realises what he has done is really quite funny.

That sounds like Grim. :lol: Smoo doesn't seem to care but I have on the odd occasion carried Grim back inside from the hutch so he doesn't have to get his little feets wet. :oops:

Back