• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

nasty belle DOES ANY1 ELES HAS THIS PROBLEM

tinkabellswish

Warren Scout
:( hello every1
my rabbit belle was getting so much better with my other rabbit tinka they would actually sit together without belle biting tink
but over the week end its gone crazy
i lost my grandad on Saturday:cry: and when i get upset i sit with the rabbits out side in the snow (mad arnt 1 :lol:) they make me smile and the pain goes away but bell is being very affectionate to me, rubbing her nose on me licking my fingers and doing binkies not leaving me for more then 5 mins this is very unusual for belle as she is more of a look but don't touch rabbit
but she is attacking tink really nasty ripping her fur out and not letting tink any where near me i dont understand y she being like this poor tink is terrified i had to put belle away to let tink play any suggestions y belle is being like this they was doing so well :(

Last edited:
Are they both spayed or neutered? If not then that will be why. Rabbits can live with other rabbits without being neutered but most often they will get aggressive or fight. It's due to dominance and being territorial. I would split them up so that they can't hurt each other for now. Then I would look to find a vet who is good with rabbits and talk to them about getting them both done. Rabbits are classed as exotic pets so you have to find someone who knows a lot about them and had done a lot of successful spays and neuters. Then it usually takes a couple of months after the spay for the hormones to calm down and you can start bonding them again. This is what I would do. :)

Also, always bond on neutral territory.

hi

belle is spayed but tink is not the was getting along lovely but belle just turned on her tink will just run and hide its the neauted female i am having problems wi i no its hard to bond female rabbits but tink was ment to be a boy :oops: but i got too attached to send her back they have got separate hunches but only go out together at play time as i let them have free range of the garden i will be getting tink spayed after winter as dont want her to be cold as she lives outside

I think you have the right idea to wait until after the winter. I do think getting her spayed will help. Also when bonding them there are a few ways that seem to work best. Putting them together in a small neutral environment and letting them have a little scrap for dominance, as long as they're not hurting each other. If you keep separating them they have to vie for dominance all over again. However it sounds like your two are fighting a bit too much so you could try putting them in separate enclosures, but next to each other so that they can see and smell each other. They should get used to another bunny being around then and in the spring you can try to bond again.

Hopefully there will be some more people along with better ideas. :)

I think you have the right idea to wait until after the winter. I do think getting her spayed will help. Also when bonding them there are a few ways that seem to work best. Putting them together in a small neutral environment and letting them have a little scrap for dominance, as long as they're not hurting each other. If you keep separating them they have to vie for dominance all over again. However it sounds like your two are fighting a bit too much so you could try putting them in separate enclosures, but next to each other so that they can see and smell each other. They should get used to another bunny being around then and in the spring you can try to bond again.

Hopefully there will be some more people along with better ideas. :)

i tryed the two pens together one but still no joy
do you think it cud be a jealousy issue because iv watched them from my bedroom window and they sit really close to each other its only when i am outside do you think i may be causing the problem and i cant stand to see tink hurt she just lays down and wont fight back and takes a battering :(:(:(:(:(:( i really dont think belle will ever change :(:(:(

i tryed the two pens together one but still no joy
do you think it cud be a jealousy issue because iv watched them from my bedroom window and they sit really close to each other its only when i am outside do you think i may be causing the problem and i cant stand to see tink hurt she just lays down and wont fight back and takes a battering :(:(:(:(:(:( i really dont think belle will ever change :(:(:(

I did think it sounds like this when I was reading it. Not sure how you could overcome it if it is although just keep going and spending time with them and hopefully they will get used to it. Make sure you take some treats with you to take their mind off of each other.

I really hope it gets better soon.

Angela

:roll: looks like we have a long way to go this we are a happy bunny family :lol:
and tink will be getting spayed after winter :) i will have to post a video so u can see what happens they are fine one minute then belle attacks so unpredictable :?

Back