• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch-cleaning. Spenser not pleased!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
I cleaned Spenser's upper hutch today, which means he had to be shut in the lower hutch. Poor boy wasn't at all pleased. I have to open up the pen to get the upper hutch doors open, hence he has to be shut up for the time it takes me to sort out upstairs. Here is a picture of his set-up. I should stress that there are normall bricks behind the panels closest to the hutch, so that he can't push his way out.
PB270383.jpg

As some of you know, I am looking into getting a covered run, which will make his set-up MUCH better.

Oh Spenser! You are so handsome!!

Hope you've forgiven Susie now, she was only making it all clean for you :lol:

Such a spoilt bunny. He looks stunning against the snow. I missed him upon first look.

Susie - not sure how curious Spenser is and this is in no way meant as a critiscism, but i have that exact same pen. Biscuit can get his nose and push the stakes up and out of the bottom connector, enough that he can then push his way through the gap. Just words of assistance.

Such a spoilt bunny. He looks stunning against the snow. I missed him upon first look.

Susie - not sure how curious Spenser is and this is in no way meant as a critiscism, but i have that exact same pen. Biscuit can get his nose and push the stakes up and out of the bottom connector, enough that he can then push his way through the gap. Just words of assistance.

Cheeky little monkey! :lol:

I cleaned Spenser's upper hutch today, which means he had to be shut in the lower hutch. Poor boy wasn't at all pleased. I have to open up the pen to get the upper hutch doors open, hence he has to be shut up for the time it takes me to sort out upstairs. Here is a picture of his set-up. I should stress that there are normall bricks behind the panels closest to the hutch, so that he can't push his way out.
PB270383.jpg

As some of you know, I am looking into getting a covered run, which will make his set-up MUCH better.

...and MUCH easier for you ;):D

Thanks Graham, Spenser hasn't done that since the run has been on slabs (some of the pegs are quite firmly stuck between slabs) but he may well do once the novelty of the snow has worn off. I really want a covered run, but would keep the pen for summer use on grass. I'm hoping to find someone locally who will make a run similar to the one Fluffers has for Bouncer.

Spenser is now re-installed with the full run of his set-up. When I put the stairs back up he was up like a shot, and has been busy re-grooming his favourite blankie. Goodness knows what he will be like when I have the audacity to wash his blankies ... :roll::roll:

Back