• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutches on eBay - opinions

Please don't buy from the first seller!!! I bought that hutch from her and I had all kinds of bother with it I ended up in a dispute with ebay! And reading her feedback I think others have had similar problems

I bought my hutch from the first seller - has had to have a couple of minor reinforcements but I'm happy with it. It arrived very quickly and was very easy to put together.
It's not the same model as that one though.

I bought my hutch from the first seller - has had to have a couple of minor reinforcements but I'm happy with it. It arrived very quickly and was very easy to put together.
It's not the same model as that one though.

I'm glad yours was ok :wave: I'm happy with the hutch itself it was the customer service and the fact they sent me a damaged hutch and damaged replacement parts :shock: and then refused to answer my emails and phone calls and were really rude when they did

:shock:
thats what you don't find out on ebay..........

yup :shock: I keep checking threads like this on here and PMing people to make sure they don't make the same mistake because it's a huge hassle and just not fair at all my poor bunnies were sat in a dog crate at the time waiting for their hutch

Eeek just looked at their feedback. Might reconsider that one then!

I love reading loads of bad feedback :lol:

yes, always read the feedback. They have something like 95% so I thought they would be fine but the bad ones are really bad :shock: sometimes the bad ones are just 'my dog chewed it' or something daft

First hutch is made of VERY SOFT WOOD - same as my run I bought from the same manufacturer a while back. Looks great initially but gets damp and rots. You get what you pay for. Second one looks better.

The second link is the user I bought my hutch from. I got the one with the run attached.

I had no problem with them and the hutch is still fine 1 year 1/2 later. The only thing I changed was that mine didn't have the bolts on the doors so I added them, and the ramp seemed quite steep so I attached it under the hutch so it was a bit less steep.

I think I paid about £160 for mine.

First hutch is made of VERY SOFT WOOD - same as my run I bought from the same manufacturer a while back. Looks great initially but gets damp and rots. You get what you pay for. Second one looks better.

Thats what I was worried about. I had a cheap soft wood one once and somebunny chewed a perfect bunny sized hole in one evening. Repaired it but the whole thing was on the verge of collapsing after about 6 months :roll:

I have the first one, although the one with the run, and love it! It is made of soft wood yes, but its perfect for in a shed, or outdoors if you have a cover. :)

I also bought from this seller, found her lovely and helpful, my hutch came all the way to the north Highlands of Scotland in 2 days. It got a bit bashed during transit, so she kindly gave me £20 refund, even though that wasn't her fault.

I am very happy with my hutch as are my rabbits. I paid £107.00 for it...

The girls' new hutch by Chocolate Bubbles, on Flickr

Size comparison, dwarf lop

Islay in the new hutch by Chocolate Bubbles, on Flickr

032 copy by Chocolate Bubbles, on Flickr

Last edited:
I sort of have the 2nd one. well i have the hutch and run combo from the same company.

it is VERY sturdy and fully waterproof.

I wouldn't buy either of those :oops: I too have one of the first ones (not exactly the same model but same co) which I have used as a foster hutch, it is ridiculously poor quality, the wood is so soft and absorbent and the floor in mine is made from wooden slats nailed together, it's not made of one piece in my one. And the bolts on the bottom hutch pointed upwards - one foster bun I had worked out that if he rattled the door enough he could open it. Fortunately it was in a shed! It was destroyed by just a few occupants so it won't last, especially if it's outside...cheap and cheerful and will do for the short term but don't expect it to last you years.

The second one looks much sturdier but if you look at the second picture, the central panel does not open so it would be a pain in the neck to clean properly and also to catch the bunnies without freaking them out. I would look for something similar to the second one but with all the doors being openable :)

I am so so so glad that everyone has posted about the first hutch. I found it online yesterday (after complaining on here that i couldnt find a big hutch!) and was about to pay for it tonight.... You get what you pay for i guess!

Happysaz that hutch looks really nice... :wave::)

I have two hutches from the second link. I think they are good quality, the roof is on hinges so you can open up the top of the hutch to make cleaning easier.
The only draw back for me is that the frame of the hutch is on the inside which takes up floor space. I`v also found it stops the litter tray from sitting right upto the corner so that when the bunny puts it`s bottom upto the edge of the litter tray lots of wee and poos go onto the floor of the hutch and makes a mess.
I don`t think I would buy this hutch again for the reasons given above.
Have you thought about a play house if you have enough space ? You can get them reasonably cheap this time of year. :)

Back