• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do I stop Bernard from ...

Tasmin's MOB

Mama Doe
Peeing all over his bedding??

Since he was neutered last thursday we put down some comfy blankets in his cage for him to snuggle in to.
We have been sleeping in the living room with him on the sofa and he had a little accident on our bedding (or we thought it was an accident as he had just had an operation)

So we sorted out our bedding and that was fine but now he keeps peeing all over his blankets in the cage and not going in his litter tray in the corner. we have washed them and as soon as we put them back in the cage he did it again!

How do we teach him to go in his litter tray?

We are getting another rabbit in a couple of weeks that has had sore hocks so we have bought them both some vet bed and are waiting for that to arrive, we don't want him to pee all over that aswell!!

:roll:

Peeing all over his bedding??

Since he was neutered last thursday we put down some comfy blankets in his cage for him to snuggle in to.
We have been sleeping in the living room with him on the sofa and he had a little accident on our bedding (or we thought it was an accident as he had just had an operation)

So we sorted out our bedding and that was fine but now he keeps peeing all over his blankets in the cage and not going in his litter tray in the corner. we have washed them and as soon as we put them back in the cage he did it again!

How do we teach him to go in his litter tray?

We are getting another rabbit in a couple of weeks that has had sore hocks so we have bought them both some vet bed and are waiting for that to arrive, we don't want him to pee all over that aswell!!

:roll:

Remove all fleecey bedding from his cage.

Go back to basics.

newspaper as flooring, litter tray with hay.

Our Ginger will choose to use a fleecey blanket or towel as a toilet in preference to a litter tray any day of the week. So i've taken them all out for now.

Remove all fleecey bedding from his cage.

Go back to basics.

newspaper as flooring, litter tray with hay.

Our Ginger will choose to use a fleecey blanket or towel as a toilet in preference to a litter tray any day of the week. So i've taken them all out for now.

Thank you! we will give this a go and now you mention it we did have newspaper down when he came back from his op (I think it was actually you that suggested we did that?) but added the blankets in when he started to recover over weekend.

I hope he doesn't pee on the vet bed when that comes, it was pretty expensive! :lol:

Thank you! we will give this a go and now you mention it we did have newspaper down when he came back from his op (I think it was actually you that suggested we did that?) but added the blankets in when he started to recover over weekend.

I hope he doesn't pee on the vet bed when that comes, it was pretty expensive! :lol:

vet bed is designed to be peed on and absorb the liquid though isnt it?

Our bunnies think all vet bed and fleece blankets are toilets :lol: But thats fine by us we just change them once or twice a day :)

Back