• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Busty Babs has been admitted/ Its her liver

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
She is having a series of tests to determine the cause of her weight loss, bloods, x-ray, Ultra sound :(

I am so worried about her as she is such a special little girl and her personality is really shining through now. I have honestly had 1 hours sleep as i am just so worried :cry:

Geoff has gone with her for company as they really love each other :love:

Last edited:
Babs was only done today as they had several emergencies yesterday.

Blood results indicate a major problems with her liver. Although x-rays and a Ultra sound showed no lumps and bumps, just an enlarged liver. As we have done several times in the past with liver problems we will give a long course of Septrin to rule out Hepatic coccidiosis, if that doesn't help her gain weight then we have to assume liver failure/cancer :(

On the plus side her uterus looks completely normal as far as they can tell, but whether we will ever get her well enough to neuter is not something I am going to worry about just now.

Bless her little heart, she has come such a long way personality wise and is such a special little girl, I really hope she has some good quality time ahead of her.

I do hope she has a good length of quality time ahead of her - she has brought such happiness to Geoff as well as the progress she has made herself, bless her. :love: Have you got them back home now?

I do hope she has a good length of quality time ahead of her - she has brought such happiness to Geoff as well as the progress she has made herself, bless her. :love: Have you got them back home now?

No she isn't home yet as is only now coming round from a light GA for the tests.

Thanks Karen. I knew the news wouldn't be good but was really hoping to be wrong :(

Don't know whats happening to our buns at the moment, so many are having problems with their livers :(

Back