• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch covers

karen1980

Mama Doe
Hello,

Im wondering if you can help me at all?

I have 2 dust sheets covering my hutch, lots of hay and newspaper inside too btu my 3 buns seemt o be suffering :roll:

I havent got a shed to put them in or a garage.

We were looking at the newton hutch covers but not sure if anyone has any other good ideas?

Thanks in advance,

put a thick blanket/old duvet/old cushions on top of the hutch before you put the dust sheet over and then cover with a plastic sheet to insulate the hutch. (let the blanket dangle over to cover the front mesh of the hutch -but do allow a strip of a couple of inches at the side (or other small gap) so air can get in but shields them from the wind).

You can buy a cheap plastic shower curtain from tesco or the pound shop.
If you're stuck and can't get out to the shops, then sellotape some opened carrier bags together to form a sheet to put over the top of the hutch.
make sure that any plastic cover could not blow and cover up the air gap.

weight any covering with bricks or stones or fold the corners of the covering and peg them together.

snugglesafes really are good though, if you have a microwave,as the heat lasts most of the night.

you could warm a towel and fold it and put it in the hutch before you go to bed so bunnies can lie on it and keep warm. At least there are3 of them so they can cuddle up together.:)
sue:wave:

clearly newton hutch covers are better than plastic sheet etc.:)

Last edited:
Thanks, I didnt think of duvets etc underneath the dust sheets.

I think they are okay with the wind aspect its just so damn cold!

Ive seem the snuggle newton cover for £40 which wasnt too bad but Husband wants to get the hugger one so that they can still see out in the rain.

what we really need is a cross between the snuggle and the hugger!!

Bramble has a tarpalin, a piece of carpet and a yoga mat which we cover him up with at night. I think anything will help.

Back