• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

SS and indoor nethies

Before my 2 came indoors (almost 2 weeks now) they were having 1 and half scoops of science selective (1 scoop = poached egg thing) and a childrens bowl full of veg to share. Before they came in, Dolly had lost a lot of weight and needed a dental, which is partly why they are indoors, i just never bothered putting them back outside again after her GA.

Shes put weight on nicely, and a lot more quickly since shes been indoors. Marly is also putting weight on and although some wont hurt him, hes in good condition and i dont want him getting much bigger.

How much Science Selective should i be feeding them, im guessing they dont need as much now theyre indoors? They share the pellet and veg bowl.

I'm sorry, but a scoop or eggcup or whatever doesn't really tell me much.. How much is it in grams? I'd give about 10 grams of SS per kg, a Nethie should weigh about a kg right? (I'm not sure I have the right breed in mind now..?) That would be about 20 gram.

But then again, you don't really need to know how much gram you give now.. The amount you give appears to be a bit too much now they're inside so maybe just give a bit less and see how they go from there? How much do you give them in summer?

I feed my outdoor buns a bit more now it's getting colder, since keeping yourself warm does cost a lot of energy. Last year I had to take one of my buns inside and I fed him the "summer amount". But he had some severe healthproblems. Hope yours are okay now?

Last edited:
mine nethies get a small handful each morning and evening (not many pellets at all!) - any they get a few less if i'm not happy with the amount of hay they've munched;)

they also get veg twice a day - again about a small handful - and 2 or 3 different types of hay.

dunno about exact's, but I know I have to feed my lot a bit more SS tthan if I am feeding Allen and paige.

my two get one of those poached egg type scoops flat filled per day.

The scoop is labelled with;

125ml / 4 fl oz

or 1/2 a cup.

no idea if that helps.

Hiya - My buns are indoors and my nethie and her partner (mini lop) have 1 egg cupful of SS per day, they aren't overweight but are very active!! They are both 7ish.

Hope that helps?

1 flat "scoop" is 25g

In summer (when they were outdoors) they had 1.5 scoops 37g between them.

When Dolly started to loose weight they had 50g between them.

Im guessing they should just be getting one scoop now. like they were in summer.

my two get one of those poached egg type scoops flat filled per day.

The scoop is labelled with;

125ml / 4 fl oz

or 1/2 a cup.

no idea if that helps.

My scoop is 1/4 of a cup and is 4 tablespoons or two eggcups. If that helps.

Back