• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thanks for Prettylupin

lilbun

Warren Veteran
I'm not sure which section this should be in, but I just wanted to post thanks to Prettylupin. She sent some very pretty edible flowers to my poorly girl Tippex Porkychicken, which are delicious apparently:

IMG_3304.jpg

Also she and her OH sent me some idiot-proof instructions for using a heat mat in the playhouse, so now Apricot Le Bunbun and Custardapple Furrypods have toasty-warm bottoms despite the temperature being minus 7.7 here last night. I haven't taken any photos of them on the mat yet, but I can assure you they love it, much more than their snugglesafes :D here they are sending thier appreciation (ok, they look grumpy but I can assure you they are very grateful):

IMG_3332.jpg

Thanks PL, you're a star :love: Tippy sends kisses:

IMG_3240.jpg

aaah your bunnies are so cute!:love::love::love:

Thats so lovely of PL! She is a wealth of knowledge & its wonderful she shares it all with us! Thanks PL for making these bunnies so happy!
:love::love::love::love:

:oops::oops: aww thanks, you know there really is no need to thank me. :oops:

and :love::love: I'm so pleased Tippy likes her flowers and your two outdoor buns are keeping nice warm botties. :D How often do you have to recharge the battery?

Poor Tippy with her wonky head :cry: I wish she would get better xx

p.s. I bought another electric blanket and every morning Nino is fast asleep on one, and Poppy on the other... in a room that is already 20 degrees! :roll::lol: I'm sure it helps his arthritic joints. So pleased it worked there for your beautiful buns... thanks for the lovely pics :love:

Last edited:
Ooh didn't realise you can get battery operated heatpads?! Think my friend would be very interested in one of those where do you get them from?

Ooh didn't realise you can get battery operated heatpads?! Think my friend would be very interested in one of those where do you get them from?

The heatpad setup PL's OH suggested is one of these:

http://www.petnap.co.uk/acatalog/pet_heat_pads.html

which can be plugged into one of these:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=383992

The only downside is it needs to be charged for 15 hours between use and only lasts the night so I am running the mat on the mains at the moment so I can use it constantly when the temperature is below freezing.

The mat has a short section of armoured cable but the mat itself is not really suitable for destructabuns. Luckily Apricot and Custardapple are not usually destructive, unlike Tippex and Mango. They do sell a fully armoured metal version which is mains only.

Thats so nice.

Tippy is just so sweet. I just have such a thing for a squinty head bun.

But the armoured cable normal blanket (that Lilbun and I have) is only 12V which means even if bun DOES chew through the armoured cable portion (which is impossible as it's metal armour) or the blanket itself - it is only 12V so will not give them a shock, just a mild tingle, it is perfectly safe. However, once the cable goes into the adaptor it switches over to mains voltage which therefore must be kept out of bunny's reach. If you have an outdoor bun you will need outdoor electrics to run it, or use a car battery/jump station to power it as an alternative.

Our buns are indoors so we have a hole in the side of the hutch that the armoured cable goes through on one level, and through the wire mesh on the other. I simply put the heat pad under one layer of fleece blanket and they don't know it's there plus my buns aren't chewers anyway.
The blanket ONLY works properly when pressure is applied - so bun needs to actually sit on it to get nice and warm, but it never gets hot like a snugglesafe - just stays a lovely constant warm temperature. :D:wave:

Lilbun does the charge only last overnight then!? :( We thought it would power it for longer :?

ETA oh yes - comes with a car adaptor - so if transporting a poorly bun to the vet you could plug it into your cigarette lighter in the car whilst bun is in the carrier to keep them warm.

Last edited:
Everytime I see a photo of her with her squinty head it brings tears to my eyes :cry::love:

Aww, i know it looks upsetting, but i do believe that they just adjust and get on with it :)

People used to look at my Kermit and think i was out of order keeping him like that, to me he was just my wee inquisitive looking boy......argh, now i have a tear cos i miss him :(

Aww, i know it looks upsetting, but i do believe that they just adjust and get on with it :)

People used to look at my Kermit and think i was out of order keeping him like that, to me he was just my wee inquisitive looking boy......argh, now i have a tear cos i miss him :(

I'm sure you're right, Lilbun takes exceptional care of her, just like you did with Kermit, and with an appetite like TPC she certainly feels ok in herself at meal times :D She's just such a pretty little thing, even with her squinty head :love:
It's great that there are other members who have been through this who can help and advise, i'm clueless on head tilt. x

The heatpad setup PL's OH suggested is one of these:

http://www.petnap.co.uk/acatalog/pet_heat_pads.html

which can be plugged into one of these:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=383992

The only downside is it needs to be charged for 15 hours between use and only lasts the night so I am running the mat on the mains at the moment so I can use it constantly when the temperature is below freezing.

The mat has a short section of armoured cable but the mat itself is not really suitable for destructabuns. Luckily Apricot and Custardapple are not usually destructive, unlike Tippex and Mango. They do sell a fully armoured metal version which is mains only.

Great thank you!! I will send the info on!

But the armoured cable normal blanket (that Lilbun and I have) is only 12V which means even if bun DOES chew through the armoured cable portion (which is impossible as it's metal armour) or the blanket itself - it is only 12V so will not give them a shock, just a mild tingle, it is perfectly safe. However, once the cable goes into the adaptor it switches over to mains voltage which therefore must be kept out of bunny's reach. If you have an outdoor bun you will need outdoor electrics to run it, or use a car battery/jump station to power it as an alternative.

Our buns are indoors so we have a hole in the side of the hutch that the armoured cable goes through on one level, and through the wire mesh on the other. I simply put the heat pad under one layer of fleece blanket and they don't know it's there plus my buns aren't chewers anyway.
The blanket ONLY works properly when pressure is applied - so bun needs to actually sit on it to get nice and warm, but it never gets hot like a snugglesafe - just stays a lovely constant warm temperature. :D:wave:

Lilbun does the charge only last overnight then!? :( We thought it would power it for longer :?
ETA oh yes - comes with a car adaptor - so if transporting a poorly bun to the vet you could plug it into your cigarette lighter in the car whilst bun is in the carrier to keep them warm.

I think the battery runs down faster at cold temperatures. it might last longer indoors but I haven't tried it yet. I thought about using a snugglesafe under the jumpstarter to see if that makes a difference . Anyway, I've managed to run a cable from the house so it's not a problem.

Yes, Tippy is sweet. She loves her noserubs :love:

I :love: Tippy and the names you gave your buns are just so cute.

PrettyLupin you are lovely sending them those goodies x

Back