• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I shut the buns in the shed at night?

Shall I shut them in the shed?

• Yes

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 62.9%

• Total voters

kaths101

Warren Veteran
:? Im getting worried with the weather, that every morning the buns are sat in the avairy?

Should I shut them in the shed away from wind and rain? or just let them go where they want?
Im a bit reluctant to lock them in the shed as they always sit in the avairy at night on their bench but will they have the sense to go in if theyre cold?? There is a wall round the avairy which I think does offer some protection from the elements and one side is against the fence!!

The shed is quite cosy with lots of hay... they all have good fluffy winter coats and the cold doesnt seem to be affecting them at all so would like to just leave them alone... but dont want them to freeze either..

CIMG3223.jpg

What do you think? Shall i shut them in?

The last few nights I have shut mine in but only because they are old and are a bit stupid :roll: :lol: I think if they were young and healthy I would leave them to it :)

I was wondering this too, for mine. They are only 1 year old and very healthy so maybe I'll just give mine the choice too then. Lola esp would be raging if I locked them in the shed!! :shock:

I've have the same dilema. Just been outside to check them and they're bouncing around the run, no sign of them going in the summerhouse and using any of the hay stuffed beds I have provided :roll:

ok, I think I should leave them to it - Im not sure about my lot being 'intelligent' :lol: but OH and I just had a debate, he said maybe we should shut them in - im not so sure because they would go mad shut in the shed and they are all young and healthy (touch wood) ... they do spend the day in the shed and avairy at night so i would feel really bad shutting them in at night... dilemmas dilemmas...

I lock my outside 2 in their playhouse at night, but only because I'm a big worrier and I'd rather be safe than sorry :oops:

I only reason I would say to shut them in the shed is if one became ill and then sat outside other than that leave let them choose. Mine prefer to be outside they have their winter coats anyway.

I bought mine one of those cosy cat beds and put it in the dark part of the kennel for them to snuggle up in, but they still seem to be out in the aviary at night. I intend to let them have the choice. :D

Like yours, our have the choice to be in their run or in the wendy houses. I make their wendy houses as snuggly as possible but they all still choose to sit in their run!

I would leave them to it :D

I left them out last night, 2 were sat in and 2 were out when I went out early this morning...Mittens tends to go inside with oreo - Sooty and charlie are nearly always outside! Charlie especially hates being locked in the shed which I am really surprised about as he was an indoor bun for 3 years!

Tonight is colder though :?
I guess snugglesafes wont stay hot long in the avairy .. hmmmm

I always lock mine in, else if I don't it means they have to have their little cat flaps open and they have a constant draught in the shed.

I leave mine out. I just have an attached run not an avairy and its between the two wendy houses and along the fence so only has one exposed side which I have covered with those silver car windscreen covers.

Both of mine sit out in their run instead of in their wendy houses.

Eta here is a piccie of my run
8bcb956e.jpg

Last edited:
I do but partly because I would worry too much about foxes anyway, and partly because of how cold it is. I like to know they are snuggled away and out of the wind when I go to bed, I lie awake worrying about them enough as it is.

But thats just me, Kath, I am an anxious one!

Back