• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is the bark

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
of trees classed as fibre????

my pair are currently stripping some apple tree branches like theres no tomorrow.... i know we give leaves to up the fibre but they are all dead now, do the branches have the same effect???

of trees classed as fibre????

my pair are currently stripping some apple tree branches like theres no tomorrow.... i know we give leaves to up the fibre but they are all dead now, do the branches have the same effect???

Yes, but I prefer Weetabix, easier on me teef :wave:

hehehe me too actually but they havent stopped since 7pm :shock: bunnys are mad :lol:

in the morning it'll be totally bare, if they even leave the inside bit!

A few years ago my Jack and his brother completely stripped the bark off the trunk of an apple tree :shock:

My Mac adores apple twigs, wish I had a tree in the garden to keep up with his demands, but sadly I have to strictly ration them!! They both love the leaves too, but will only eat them once they've gone crispy - so you can still give them leaves too if you've got some about! :)

A few years ago my Jack and his brother completely stripped the bark off the trunk of an apple tree :shock:

Good grief Jane - that must've been quite a sight!! :lol:

Mine adore the leaves & twigs fresh or dried...not fussy - have to rashen them else they get runny bums!:roll::love:

I used to stop them making a complete circle in the apple tree bark as I have heard it causes the tree to die. Not sure if there's any truth in this but we only allowed them to strip it 3/4 of the way round the trunk.

If you cut down thick branches they will chew the bark of those.
sue:wave:

I used to stop them making a complete circle in the apple tree bark as I have heard it causes the tree to die. Not sure if there's any truth in this but we only allowed them to strip it 3/4 of the way round the trunk.

If you cut down thick branches they will chew the bark of those.
sue:wave:

Yes it pretty much damages the tree for life! There is a crab apple on our allotment that has been circled by buns in the past and although alive, it will never flourish or do anything.

Mine love to strip apple twigs/branches - very good source of fibre and something buns will naturally do in the wild so a good behavioural outlet too. :D

Back