• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My wee Inca has been bleeding a bit today!

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Inca has a deformity at her 'flower', so she needs cleaning and cream applied down there every day. From time to time it seems to irritate her more, which is what has obviously happened overnight.

I came in this morning and there was blood on her vetbed. I cleaned her up below. Came back in and there was more :(

Usually she leaves it alone once i have cleaned her up, but she just kept licking at it today :(
I have ended up giving her some Metacam about 3pm. She now seems to have left herself alone for the time being.

Not much point to the thread, just wanted some anti licking / blood vibes :)

Thanks xx

I have just gave her a wee head rub and told her you are all wishing her well.

Could she have a bit of a wee infection that has irritated her lady-parts ?

Because she has her deformity (she has no tail, so her tail bone kinda goes under her and her flower kinda sticks out a bit), this causes her to get inflammed down there from time to time. It always clears up by using dilute iodine to clean her and fusciderm cream.

We have tried abx in the past when she gets like this, but they dont seem to clear it up any quicker. She seems to be fine since the Metacam has kicked in, she is busy munching hay right now and seems to be leaving herself alone.

She is a wee soul, she has had so many things wrong with her, but still is one happy bunny.

Because she has her deformity (she has no tail, so her tail bone kinda goes under her and her flower kinda sticks out a bit), this causes her to get inflammed down there from time to time. It always clears up by using dilute iodine to clean her and fusciderm cream.

We have tried abx in the past when she gets like this, but they dont seem to clear it up any quicker. She seems to be fine since the Metacam has kicked in, she is busy munching hay right now and seems to be leaving herself alone.

She is a wee soul, she has had so many things wrong with her, but still is one happy bunny.

Bless her! :love:

We had a bunny just like this (Sage) - my vet did some amazing genital reconstruction surgery on her (her anus was also protruding and her tail bone had curved up into the whole thing).

She had some other deformities (teeth, jaw and sadly we later found out some other cranial problems - She was always such a happy lively bun - and SO beautiful!

We had a bunny just like this (Sage) - my vet did some amazing genital reconstruction surgery on her (her anus was also protruding and her tail bone had curved up into the whole thing).

She had some other deformities (teeth, jaw and sadly we later found out some other cranial problems - She was always such a happy lively bun - and SO beautiful!

Sounds just like my Inca down below. Luckily she only has issues with her back end and feet (if you could call that lucky, but you know wht i mean) her teeth get regulalrly checked.

Thanks everyone.
Well there was no blood this morning :)

I cleaned her up and put on the cream and all seemed well so far.

I will get an update from my Gran at lunch time when she goes up to see her Granbunnies.

Only just seen this, poor sore little lady :cry: It's great it has cleared up today.

I had a bun with no tail when I was a little girl (my fault :oops::cry:) and she too used to get a bit sore down there for the same reasons. Hope Inca feels better soon x

Back