• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny room:)

prettylupin

Wise Old Thumper
Is finally finished (almost) :D Bunnies however moved in a few weeks ago. We had the wall knocked down between our kitchen and dining room so that we could put in a lovely big kitchen/diner, only problem was that the 8ft double storey bunny hutch lived in the dining room.... SO, whilst the builders were making a hole in the wall - we got them to put an extra one in....into the garage alongside the house. OH has since subdivided the garage, made a suspended floor (with insulation underneath) and insulated walls too, lino'd the floor, put in lighting etc, the boiler is in there which keeps it warm too and a heater is going in soon, meanwhile the door to the kitchen/diner is open to let in the heat from the house.... bunnies love it - have their own room now and a door directly into the garden as well. Okay, it's our new 'utility room'...but really it's the bunny room!! :D:love: Also means that when the baby arrives they can have some peace and quiet. :)

060-1.jpg

Bolts and bits on floor is because OH is in middle of plumbing in washing machine and new sink in there too when I took the photo...

056-1.jpg

Hutch has been freshly painted.

058-1.jpg

And my homemade bunny sign is finally in place! Took me almost 3 days of painting to make it :D:D

That sounds and looks great Vicky!! :love: What lucky bunnies they are to be so well looked after and so much consideration given to their needs. :love: Love the sign too.

Though you do know we actually need photos of the occupants?! :? :lol:

That sounds and looks great Vicky!! :love: What lucky bunnies they are to be so well looked after and so much consideration given to their needs. :love: Love the sign too.

Though you do know we actually need photos of the occupants?! :? :lol:

Oh yeah! :lol: I forgot something was missing! :oops:
They only go back to bed at night-time - about now actually! :shock: I will try and get a picture later when they are actually tucked up for the night....currently upstairs in the sitting room with me :D

Oh yeah! :lol: I forgot something was missing! :oops:
They only go back to bed at night-time - about now actually! :shock: I will try and get a picture later when they are actually tucked up for the night....currently upstairs in the sitting room with me :D

Ok I will let you off then!! :lol::lol::lol: Look forward to seeing them enjoying their new space later. Bless them.

It looks fab, well done. :D Love how the sign has their names on and it is painted in the colour of their fur! :love:

Ahh... but did you notice the ears as well?! ;) hehe! :lol:

And thanks everyone, for your nice comments.... it's taken a lot longer to finish it all than expected and we still have the whole of the rest of the house to finish now! :roll::lol: But priorites and all that! :D

The new bunny room sounds great, and I love the sign :D Looking forward to seeing bunny pics xx

That's one of the best set ups I've seen. You've thought of every bunny need both physical & psychological. I bet they think they've arrived to a bunny palace! I love the sign too. The 1st. thing I saw was the ears - I love bunny ears! :oops:

Back