• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Everyone should have a BARC bunny! *LOTS OF PHOTOS*

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
BARC bunny appreciation thread!

Every bunny is awesome, no matter where they come from, be it pet shop, rescue, pre loved or, like my Grim, dumped on you by someone who didn't want them anymore. The most important thing is that we love them and that they're happy now. And I also don't want to take away from any other rescues, so please don't feel that I am. :)

BARC bunnies are crazy. I love my Smoo. She's food obsessed. There is only one thing she likes more than food and that's cuddles. She's taught Grim to jump on my desk where they have chewed and pooed on everything. Although she hasn't taught Grim to eat hay... probably so she can have it all!

She had an operation on Friday to remove a suspect lump I was really worried about her and may have spoiled a her a little in the preceding two weeks... Anyway I needn't have worried, she recovered just fine. In fact they popped her back in the recovery cage with Grim and some food. She couldn't stand up at this point, let alone walk, and the nurse informed me that she literally dragged herself along the floor, stuck her head in the plate of food and ate it all without letting Grim get any. :lol:

I didn't want her exerting herself after the operation and I especially didn't want her climbing up and down the stairs with stitches in her side. I went upstairs to give them some veg and they weren't there. I looked down the stairs to see Smoo run past with a huge leaf of spring green in her mouth. :roll:

She's the craziest, naughtiest bunny I've ever had the pleasure of owning and I love her. Angie (bunnymadhouse) and Tracy (mopsmum) you do an awesome job with all your rabbits and piggies and thank you so much for allowing me to adopt such a special little girl. You have made me and Grim so happy. :wave:

DSC00775.jpg

DSCF2269.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00557.jpg

DSC00559.jpg

DSC00311.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

Their website - http://www.barnsleyanimalrescue.org.uk/barc/
Post your BARC bunny stories and photos! :mrgreen:

Smoo's antics make me giggle. :lol: Both your buns are so special. :love: I can just see Smoo running about with her stolen spring green leaf. I'm so pleased she's making a good recovery from her op.

But you do awesome work! You deserve all the thanks. :mrgreen:

After a day in the freezing cold cleaning them all out and making sure they all got out of their hutches for a while when all i wanted was to sit indoors nursing my cold...thats just what i needed :D :D

:wave: makes it all worth while :D

Awwww! :love::love::love::love:
I need to thank you too Angie, Tracy and Barbara for Mr Bunny. :D He gave Velvet a new lease of life and I'm sure that she wouldn't have lived as long as she did if he had not turned up. He's a very special, greedy and most of all cuddly bunny! He's my only bunny that doesn't run away from me! :love::love::love::love::love:

Its Official !

BARC Bunnies are the Craziest Naughtiest Bunnies

Its Official !

Angie is now a top Rabbit trainer in Naughtiness, Greediness and Cuteness :lol:

I so agree Angie and Tracey do a FABULOUS JOB helping the Bunnies & Guinea Pigs that comes their way.

I would like to say a massive THANK YOU for Bonding BARC bunny 'VICTOR GRUMPS' with 'Daisy Do-Littles'
and letting us give him a home.....

095.jpg

He's been with us a year now and he still remembers all the tricks Angie taught him

1) Chase Daisy away from scrummy food
2) Always get Daisy to give lick-licks
3) Always look like a pit bull on the loose when humans come to clean the playhouse
4) Attack dustpan & brush
5) Look cute, then 'box' the first thing that moves
6) Always go for unprotected legs (i.e, those without wellies)
7) Growl and lunge at fresh greens with such force it flies 100 metres through the air.
8 )Always make little children scream and run away (its so much fun):p
:love:

043-3.jpg

Thanks Angie & Tracey :wave:

Aww I want a barc bunny! :love: Your 2 are gorgeous! :D

I love what you said in your thread: Every bunny is awesome, no matter where they come from, be it pet shop, rescue, pre loved or, like my Grim, dumped on you by someone who didn't want them anymore.

I don't like being looked down on for having a pet shop bun by some people, it's the bunny that picks the owner. :love: :D

I have a BARC Bunny :)
Here he is, mad Herbie :) (prior to getting his tooth out, again!) hehe!
P1010507.jpg

Victor ... :shock:.. its time you admitted to actualy arriving with all those traits ... i didnt have to teach you "anything" ..:roll: :lol:

Here is my BARC bunny - BJ, who I love to bits :love:

BJGotchaday3.jpg

And this is him with Rosie, a Bunnyhops girlie. They are devoted to each other.

Rabbits-09092026.jpg

You DO do wonderful work!!!

Wish we had room for Pipkin . . . but sending him cuddles.

hes always happy to get cuddles will pass them on to him :wave:

thank you very much for this thread :oops:
i love to hear how all the buns are getting on, even though a lot of them seem to have a lot of naughtyness about them :)

Back