• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO: those whos rabbits use a bowl for water?

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
How do you stop them freezing!?!?!?!

Crunchies was rock solid this morning!

I've put his water in the bowl as normal, and also added an extra water bottle, wrapped up just incase it freezes (which it will) hes never drunk from a bottle, but guess if he is thirsty he will? x

Have you got a snugglesafe or brick you can heat up and put under it. I have used that with my outside one and it didn't freeze up over night. He has also got a insulated cover on his hutch which probably helps also.

Riley doesn't have a bowl so I don't really have any experience, but could you not put a small ball in his water bowl, maybe even a ping pong ball?

Have you got a snugglesafe or brick you can heat up and put under it. I have used that with my outside one and it didn't freeze up over night. He has also got a insulated cover on his hutch which probably helps also.

no i don't have a snugglesafe but might try the brick idea, tho think smartie would just knock the bowl off the brick knowing him ha x

I've tried the ping pong ball in the bowl today and i'm afraid it has frozen round the ball and that was during the day today! I put the bowls on snuggle safes and that seems to of ddone the trick just re heating them now.

I've also wrapped the bottles in tin foil and put an old sock over it so hopefuly that might help. x:D

Back