• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many pellets?

rabbitdan

Mama Doe
How much pellets should i feed my 13 week old mini rex's?

This is what im doing at the moment
morning - Hay and egg cup of pellets each
afternoon - egg cup of pellets each
evening - veg

is this ok?

they are currently on Pets at home junior and dwarf nuggets, is this a good food?

Did they have veg before coming to you? If not, I would suggest leaving it until they are at least 4-6 months old before gradually introducing fresh, one at a time.

The pellets amount looks fine, but they could potentially have more, especially in the cold, and because they are young.

I would also suggest in the evening stuffing their area is hay.

Ideally though keep their diet exactly the same as it was before they came to you.

Did they have veg before coming to you? If not, I would suggest leaving it until they are at least 4-6 months old before gradually introducing fresh, one at a time.

The pellets amount looks fine, but they could potentially have more, especially in the cold, and because they are young.

I would also suggest in the evening stuffing their area is hay.

Ideally though keep their diet exactly the same as it was before they came to you.

the persons who we got them off said they love veg especially cabbage. they were on p@h junior at hers to (although she didnt tell us how much to feed).

If they are having 2 egg cups of pellets each I would not go much more than this as this will encourage them to have a good start and eat lots of hay which is essential for maintaining a good gut and dental condition.

If they are used to eating cabbage do go carefully as they are still very young.

My feeding regime is normally Handful of pellets in the morning with lots and lots of hay then i go in at night and give another handful of pellets each, hiding some in the hay as it will encourage them to dig and be more active :)
I dont give them too much veg, a few sticks of celery and some broccoli but i never give more than two types of veg incase it upsets there tummies also with your two being young i wouldnt give too much and slowly introduce new veg :wave:

See...... when I gave my babies (a nethie and a polish dwarf) excel jr, they had two egg cup fulls between them, and that was ideal, that worked fine.

But then I swapped to Science sellective, and did the same thing, and within a few days, both had lost weight (Rimmi went from 900g to 780g :( ) so now I think its more important that you keep an eye on their weight and adjust to find your buns balence.

My little guys get a handful of pellets in the evening now, but I do have small hands.......and I check their weight fortnightly to check they arent gaining or losing. :)

The best thing to remember is unlimited hay. My guys have fresh handfuls serveral times a day.... because for some reason, it only tastes great straight from the bag :lol::lol: They are funny creatures!!!

Back