• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bit worried

pigsforlife

Mama Doe
Because it is going to be 37C again tomorrow. The furries are all indoor animals, but I won't be home so the air con won't be on. I can't even pop home at lunch to check on them cause my day is so busy. I have a fan in their room and multiple frozen water bottles for each cage. Only other problem is that this room gets a lot hotter because the door stays shut as bunnies free range in there. The rest of the house which is tiled is generally a lot cooler.

Hmm, could you put something across the doorway so they can't get out but the door could be open?

I don't really have any advice, but you've definitely got the opposite problem to a lot of people on here!:lol:

Nothing else I can recommend other than lots of frozen water bottles! If you put one near the fan it should blow cold air, I think...
Hope your enjoying the warm weather, I have foot long icicles outside my bedroom window :roll:

don't know what to suggest apart from the obvious things like - could you leave the air con on even when you're not at home? (apologies for my ignorance but the only time i've even needed air con has been whilst on holiday!) or could you set up some temp accommodation in one of the areas where the floor is tiled?

sorry i'm not much help! not sure how many fur babies you have to sort out!

Thanks all :) They were all ok. It was an absolute stinker of a day though.

I can't leave the air con on all day whilst I am not home cause it would cost a fortune. We have it on quite a lot as it is trying to keep the house at an ok temp. The rotten thing is that this house isn't insulated at all (and we can't do anything about it because it is a rental).

It is quite bizarre how it can be stinkin hot on one side of the world and freezin cold on the other :D

Back