• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Warm/Hot Water

Dee Jay

Warren Scout
Bit of a stupid question :oops: but are rabbits able to drink hot/warm water from a hot tap?

Figured I'd ask on the off chance it is ok since my two water bottles froze last night at the bottom :(

The best thing to do is wrap the water bottle up in something like bubble wrap to insulate it, or you can buy specially made water bottle covers.

You're right, I should have googled to find that out first :)

I'll try some bubble wrap around the bottles tonight instead.

Warm water will freeze faster (for some reason that I can't explain :lol:).

I give my buns warm water though, but never from the hot tap (since it probably contains all sorts of nasties from the water tank) - I add a splash of hot water from the kettle to a bowl of cold water. :)

I give my buns warm water though, but never from the hot tap (since it probably contains all sorts of nasties from the water tank) - I add a splash of hot water from the kettle to a bowl of cold water. :)

I do this too, they love it a little warmer.:D

I also give mine warm water and they drink loads of it (more than average), so I think it does warm them up.

I always give them it during a moult too as they definitely drink more when it is room temp rather than cold from the tap.

Yep, it's definitely a good way to make sure they drink more. :thumb: Alfie and Bubbles have their breakfast in the morning and then sit waiting by the water bowl for a top up. :lol::lol:

Has got to do with the moleculs in the warm water. Because the density changes, so the warm water freezes faster. But's that's all I know... The rest is scientific stuff...

Back