• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone know if............

Kipper

Mama Doe
the buns in the Pets At Home adoption centre are neutered? I fell in love with a little white helicoptered eared bun today. My o/h said get him but I being stupidly sensible said no because we've already got 6, 3 sets of 2 & it would have meant bonding him into a 3some. Now I cant get him out of my mind. He was such a friendly little bun & kept standing up on his hind legs trying 2 get our attention

I suppose it might be if someone has previously owned him. I don't think the ones they sell are nutered or vacinated.

It will depend totally on the rabbit, so you would have to ask the store about that specific rabbit.

Also, if you get him, consider what you might do if he doesn't bond with any of yours.

Usually not no :( Could you get him and another bun to make another pair?

Your OH sounds fab. I have 6 and my OH said no to 7th

The possibility of him not being bonded with any of my current buns was another reason I said no. I definately dont want to have another set of 2 because all my spare time is taken up with my current buns & I dont have space in my living room for another cage, I could expand 1 but not add another. Im trying hard to hang onto my common sense.
There was another bun in the adoption part, a little ermine rex also 6 months old but he had a growth above his eye. I hate to think what may happen to him if no one rehomes him soon :(

We thought that having 8 would be too many and that was a while back now. He doesn't seem to mind that we now regularly have in the region of 30-40 in our back garden LOL

(not all keepers of course) :D

Now always, they are meant to be sourced from rescues, but can be left over stock and not all rescues neuter rabbits :) You will have to enquire or go directly to the rescue. :)

I got Flower from the P@H adoption centre hun, she wasnt speyed but you have to sign a contract saying they will be done within 6 months of leaving the store x

Now always, they are meant to be sourced from rescues, but can be left over stock and not all rescues neuter rabbits :) You will have to enquire or go directly to the rescue. :)

I thought they were mainly pets that people had handed in directly to the store (or unwanted/unsold stock). Do rescues actually hand bunnies and the like over to them? :shock:

As already said, it depends on whether or not the bunny was neutered by its' previous owner, as PaH don't neuter.

Back