• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new rabbits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabbitdan

Mama Doe
i collected my new rabbits today.

they are both male mini rex's. one REW and one castor. they are snuggly tucked up in their 6ft hutch!

they are currently being fed on pets at home junor nuggets, is this a good food?

At the moment they are just in the hutch bit, when should i open the ramp to let them in the run?

Can i bring them inside for playtime?

When will they have to be castrated? they are currently 13 weeks

newrabbut.jpg

(they are the castor and one of the REWS)

Last edited:
They can be neutered as soon as their bits drop and your vet deem them fit enough for neutering. Are you prepared with additional accommodation in case they fight? (which is quite likely with young bucks).

I would say give them at least 2 days to settle before opening the ramp, and then you will need to supervise to ensure they can go up and down and neither gets stuck either down or up.

I think we need some pictures of these cuties as well!

They are lovely :love:

I'd get them to the Vet next week to confirm that they definitely are both Bucks ;) They can also have their Myxomatosis Vaccination if the Vet considers them both to be fit and well xx

I agree with Jane about the vet check.

They make me want to go SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:love::love::love::love: the brown (castor?) one is the exact image of my little Lucy :love::love: she is still that size now she has never grown rexes are weird and wonderful little ones ;)

agree with the above advice. Also make sure they are kept very warm as they won't have had a chance to grow winter coats yet :wave: they are so gorgeous

:? Where did you get them from? I thought you were going to Southampton Rabbit Rescue this weekend? Can we see pictures of your set up Rabbitdan':wave:

:? Where did you get them from? I thought you were going to Southampton Rabbit Rescue this weekend? Can we see pictures of your set up Rabbitdan':wave:

well lets say i saw this ad on preloved.....

you can have a picture of my setup tomorow :wave:

well lets say i saw this ad on preloved.....

you can have a picture of my setup tomorow :wave:

You don't have to show me, I was just interested, I know you've been looking for a hutch for while, I thought I'd read that you found one and was just interested to see if you'd got a bargain, i knew you'd not been to Southampton.

You don't have to show me, I was just interested, I know you've been looking for a hutch for while, I thought I'd read that you found one and was just interested to see if you'd got a bargain, i knew you'd not been to Southampton.

the hutch is wonderful!

its very clean and in wonderful condition, 1 year old

£50

its the £194.99 one from the rabbit hutch shop

Like Sky-O said to me earlier, every bunny deserves some love:)

Yeah I agree. :D If RabbitDan didn't get those beautiful bunnies they may have ended up in a rescue anyway! :? Just because they are from a different place doesn't mean they don't deserve a fantastic home. :thumb:

Congratulations on your new additions! :love:

sorry :cry:

the ones i wanted from the rescue were indoors and i needed them to be outside

You could of waited for some outdoor buns to come along. Or wait for the weather to warm up then get the indoor rescue buns and move them outdoors.
Those buns would of ended up in a rescue anyway, no doubt. They are all gorgeous though :love:

sorry :cry:

the ones i wanted from the rescue were indoors and i needed them to be outside

Thats fair enough

They are gorgeous. I wouldnt bring them in to play no I would go out to see them it would be too much of a change in temperature. I would keep them in the hutch tonight to settle then let them down tomorrow and yes we like piccies :D

Like Sky-O said to me earlier, every bunny deserves some love:)

You're right, they all do deserve love. I don't think the point was made about these bunnies, more that Dan had said he would get from a rescue, and then didn't, that's all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back