• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've got 4 snuggly bunnies tonight! What about yours?

wally4eva

Mama Doe
I've covered the whole of their top shelf with straw so it's nice and cosy, i've mixed in readi-grass and a few extra pellets so they have to do some burrowing:) They have 2 snugglesafes, one in their litter tray upstairs (because thats where they prefer to snuggle:roll:) and one in the straw upstairs. Also down in their bed area I have stuffed it with straw and hay and hung towels on the sides that face out for a bit of insulation:) They also have lots and lots of hay to munch on while snuggling:love:

So how are your outdoor bunnies wrapped to keep them warm tonight?

:wave:

Benji and Nahla spend most of their time downstairs in the litterboxes, no matter how much straw I try and give them:roll: Mind you, their litterboxes are filled with lots snuggly hay are have quite high sides, so I think they're actually quite warm in there:)

Benji and Nahla spend most of their time downstairs in the litterboxes, no matter how much straw I try and give them:roll: Mind you, their litterboxes are filled with lots snuggly hay are have quite high sides, so I think they're actually quite warm in there:)

Sounds cosy in those litterboxes:love:

I know what you mean, I purposely made a nice snuggly bed area for them to snuggle when its cold, but no, they choose the litter tray:roll: And they seem to prefer just sitting on the top shelf so I thought, stuff it, I'll just put all the straw on the top shelf!:lol:

I just have Spenser, but he has two fleece blankets (one for the upper hutch and one for the lower). I've ordered a snugglesafe, and am checking the hutch regularly to make sure he is OK.

I just have Spenser, but he has two fleece blankets (one for the upper hutch and one for the lower). I've ordered a snugglesafe, and am checking the hutch regularly to make sure he is OK.

Awww:love: You should go and snuggle in the hutch with him:p:lol:

Sounds cosy in those litterboxes:love:

I know what you mean, I purposely made a nice snuggly bed area for them to snuggle when its cold, but no, they choose the litter tray:roll: And they seem to prefer just sitting on the top shelf so I thought, stuff it, I'll just put all the straw on the top shelf!:lol:

Haha it seems logical!:)
I can't wait for tomorrow, my new hutch arrived today and it's giant:lol: Tomorrow I get to put the floor tiles down and make it all perfect and cosy:D I'm keeping Nahla's hutch though... there's a bunny I REALLY want:oops:
I know there's a 99.9% chance that I won't get him, but it's always good to have a spare hutch anyway:)

Haha it seems logical!:)
I can't wait for tomorrow, my new hutch arrived today and it's giant:lol: Tomorrow I get to put the floor tiles down and make it all perfect and cosy:D I'm keeping Nahla's hutch though... there's a bunny I REALLY want:oops:
I know there's a 99.9% chance that I won't get him, but it's always good to have a spare hutch anyway:)

Ooo nice big snuggly hutch sounds good:D
Oh yes I saw your thread, fingers crossed your allowed to get him:D:love:

Max is snuggled in his hutch with loads of straw and hay and a snugglesafe under his water bowl with his insulated cover. Diego is snuggled in his hutch in the insulated playhouse with straw and hay. They would have happily sat in the run all night. Still worry about them though.

Bramble has a snugglesafe, and I wrap the whole run with a tarpalin and an old yoga mat! His bedroom is pratically filled to to the roof with straw, and I will move him snugglesafe in there for him later too......still very tempted to bring him in though :roll:

Indy is an 'ard nut and wont really use a snuggle safe so the little girly has his instead. She literally RUNS into her bed area now when she hears me putting it in there and climbs straight on it. She loves it!

I was thinking of getting Indy a teddy bear yesterday and saw a microwaveable one... didnt get it as i wasnt sure what was in it (probably wheat?) and hes not really a chewer... *ponders*

They have a blanket over the front of their hutch but nothing else.... hmmm... i feel bad now!

I'm going to wrap Bramble up now, he is still sitting out in his run - the mad fool! He must have a very good winter coat on him that's all I can say! :lol:

Spent two hours securing the tarp over the thermashield on the hutch and so on.....

then picked my pair up and bought them inside and let them loose in the large puppy pen for the night after I found the water bottle was frozen solid even with thermoshield and a sock with thermoshield over the wire panel to block draughts.
My outdoor therm was reading -5 at 5pm and the forecast says it will be even colder

Straw lined shed covered in hay and a couple of snugglesafes and an overanxious me rubbing them even though they are nice and toasty with lots of goodies and nommy hay :lol:

Just been out to see Bramble and he seems okay, but feels very cold :( He was hopping around for his treats, but sat straight back on his snugglesafe. Going to leave him for a bit, then go and check again and re-heat snugglesafe. Don't know what to do :(

Back