• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help pet shop bunny

lydz

Alpha Buck
I was looking in a pet shop for some new toys for Gracey and heard cheeping so went upstairs. They had live animals :( they had budgies, hamsters and rabbits. The rabbits were in tiny triangle cages so little room to move :cry: one particular little nethie came straight to me and was licking me through the cage :love: completely broke my heart. Cant stop thinking about him - i shouldnt have gone upstairs!

Sorry just wanted to share with people who would understand.

I was looking in a pet shop for some new toys for Gracey and heard cheeping so went upstairs. They had live animals :( they had budgies, hamsters and rabbits. The rabbits were in tiny triangle cages so little room to move :cry: one particular little nethie came straight to me and was licking me through the cage :love: completely broke my heart. Cant stop thinking about him - i shouldnt have gone upstairs!

Sorry just wanted to share with people who would understand.

This thread might help.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=94160

"Tiny triangle cages" do not sound good.

Oh gosh, that would have upset me too. :( I avoid pet shops as best I can. I know they are not al bad, but if I really need stuff from them I tend to send my parents (then my mother comes in and tells me all about the cute little rabbits:roll:). The cages you describe do sound particularly bad. Poor little bunnies.

The same happened with me and Jasper, I fell for him and ended up bringing him home. :love: I know it was wrong of me but I never ever regret it, he's the best bunny I could wish for! :love:

Thanks for the advice i am going to start ringing relevant places on monday. I really cant stop thinking about them all. There was 2 to a cage unbelievably :shock: one cage even had a sign on saying 'hello im snowy i'm 2 and a half years old i live here' :cry: poor bun has never had any room to run and binky!

Good for you - you will be helping those animals no end. I think they should really stop allowing pets to be sold in pet shops now, too many in rescues.

Back