• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Bit Help??

I really want lola to play in the snow but she is a house rabbit and has been from day one.. is it safe to let her have a quick play in the snow, shes up to date with her vacs so thats not a problem. Or would she get a cold or something? The other day i brought snow into the house but its kinda wrecked the flooring :oops::lol:

How would you feel about going outside to play in the snow just in your pyjamas after you've been sat around indoors with the heating on ;) I don't think it's a bad rule of thumb and she won't know what she's missing, she's not sitting there thinking "I wanna play in the snow!" :)

Last edited:
One year I filled an empty, clean litter tray with snow so that the indoor bunnies could investigate it. Some were interested (one wanted to eat it :roll:) some went running in tne opposite direction. Definitely not ok for her to go out.

thanks for the replies i just know several house buns that play in the snow, i know she has fur but still dont want to risk her having a cold:) i think i will just fill the litter tray up and put a bit food in and make it exciting for her:D

Thats a really good idea about the litter tray filled with snow, might go and do that now to see what Mylo does :wave:

I just got some snow in an old washing up bowl and he loved it!!!!

Last edited:
Back