• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have house bunnies that are scared of cooking smells??

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Hi just wondering how your house rabbits deal with cooking smells, as Honey hates it when I cook! The bunnies are in the lounge next to the kitchen, and when the smells waft through Honey goes really timid and scared of everything! Olly is fine though...

Yes, Rudy gets really wary when I'm cooking. Cowering and banging his feet.

Bungee bun used to as well. Interestly I'm also vegetarian so I wouldn't have thought there was anything to offend them badly.

As well as being veggie, I keep telling Rudy that my meals only take 10 minutes to cook as he would take more than 10 minutes to catch he's perfectly safe:lol::lol:

they go very quiet and hide on the rare occasions when i cook chicken. nothing else seems to bother them...

Yes! Tilly does'nt seem affected at all but Cheeky goes bananas trying to get out of the room :roll: Like bluesmum said, bacon is usually the worst. Luckily living alone most of my 'meals' are sandwiches or ping meals which don't seem to bother her :D Think she's trying to make me totally veggie :)

Yes I've noticed they aren't keen - I always make sure it's really well ventilated when cooking and that the extractor fan is going, they deffo seem different, not sure if they are scared as such but, they don't like it.

Yup, my bunnies hate the smell of garlic or meat being cooked. To be honest I try not to do much cooking so I nip out to my local KFC or MDonalds for dinner.

Its for the bunnies sake, honest:oops:

YES! Shortcake isn't bothered but Lucca always hides when cooking smells are about, especially when OH cooks bacon or sausages - don't blame him tbh (I'm veggie)

Yeah - I dont think they like the sound of frying...that sizzling sound...or strong smells too much:)

Back