• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yahoo answers other pets bad rabbit advice

Mat30

Young Bun
As a newby rabbit owner I was searching online nothing specific just general rabbit care, I came across a site called yahoo answers and read some of the rabbit questions and answers for example

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/questio...BlHxH3kGT31G;_ylv=3?qid=20101127091807AA9zEPv

There are lots of other questions and answers about rabbits and some information given suggests that rabbits do not need vets, should be damped with cold water in the hot weather to keep them cool, that they just need feeding pellets and cleaning out once a week, suggestions for housing is also much too small.

I think its lucky people find their way to this site to obtain advice which is based upon the rabbits welfare, but I wonder if the people asking the questions do look elsewhere to find reliable information?

It's just a sad fact. Bad advice is everywhere, not least from pet shops. I'm not sure what we can do, I used to reply to a lot of posts with good advice but it's kind of an endless cycle. :(

Its a shame somebody cannot just refer the people asking the questions to a reliable site to gain the correct advice.

Yahoo answers is NOT a source of reliable information anyway. :-(
With all the sites and forum on specific topics out there, people still go there...

perhaps you could post a reply with a link to RU? saying some really good advice on rabbits on here?
sue:wave:

the replies usually stay on there for a while.

anywhere the general public can post 'reliable answers' for all sorts of question areas is going to be a disaster.

Reliable sources for a particular subject matter should be followed (e.g for bunny related issues - RU etc, but the internet is a concerning place.

its just normal people answering questions much like this forum :wave: people will always give bad or good advice based on their own experiences, anyone with an ounce of sense will look at many websites and make a rational decision on what they are looking for not just take the first answer given on one site.. this is why as good as i find RU i dont take it as gospel and always look elsewhere too and shock horror talk to a vets once in a while :lol:

Back