• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bottle cover...

abi2047

Mama Doe
Should I put Riley's a couple of old socks underneath Riley's bottle cover because my friends bottle still froze with the cover on it?

water bottle freezing

Hi there,
i have had bottles freezing, including the spouts.....try bubble wrapping and a sock...failing that, i have also been given the suggestion to put the bottle "IN" the hutch.....i.e place it in a hay rack...pack it out with hay, paper etc so it is held in well with stuff that doesnt matter if the buns chew...it all acts a s a further insulator to the water....
my bottles froze even though the buns are in a shed with carpet around the walls and duvets around their hutches!!!! temperatures have been wicked this last week havent they.
I keep a change of bottles indoors and change each time i go out to them...several times a day.

i have managed to keep my water bottles un frozen by wrapping ehem, doggie poo bags around the bottle around 10 of them them tin foil round them and a thermal sock over the top,
this has worked really well for me hope this helps you aswell :)

Back