• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How are we all coping in the North East?

mollyjoker

Mama Doe
I have never seen snow like this before.
I am worried about the bunnies but seem ok.
Mabel and her 6 babies seem very warm and cosy with plenty of hay and straw and snugglesafe,Hutch covered by thick cover and close run off at night.
Molly and Joker seem a little bit down but snuggled up together with plenty of hay and straw. They are used to free range time so they were lively this morning so they had a mad half hour in the snow.Rubbed them down and put them back and now seem content.
Looks like we are in for more.
Keep your buns warm everyone:love:

Snow is deep here in Gateshead:wave:
My outdoor buns are all youngish and healthy so they cope with the cold well, though they have a bale of hay that they can dig themselves into and cardboard boxes to hide in. Dreading the cold wind that is being predicted.:(

I don't remember seeing this much snow when it was bad here last year!! Last time I saw as much snow as this was when I was in skiing in Italy in March.

My bunnies seem to be coping ok. It's their first winter outside without some form of heating so I have been worried sick and trying to get snow off summerhouse roof but it just keeps on snowing!!!

Have you managed to find homes for all of your babies?:love:

Snow is really thick in whitley bay too! The buns were out in it yesterday, digging and moving it around and they LOVED it! Its too deep today unfortunately but they have decided it still not cold enough to sleep in their beds yet :shock:

I don't remember seeing this much snow when it was bad here last year!! Last time I saw as much snow as this was when I was in skiing in Italy in March.

My bunnies seem to be coping ok. It's their first winter outside without some form of heating so I have been worried sick and trying to get snow off summerhouse roof but it just keeps on snowing!!!

Have you managed to find homes for all of your babies?:love:

Thanks for asking.Not at the moment definitely 2 are going as a pair,we are keeping 1 to be with Mum,Someone is inteested in another.
Not sure how to go about finding homes for maybe 2.
Mum,Mabel has done a fantastic job looking forward to pampering her when little ones have gone.I m so glad we found her i m not sure whether they would have survived this weather.

Do you have any pictures and know what sex they are? :wave:

Well done you for taking her in. I had a foster rabbit who had a litter during winter and snow. She did great.. I loved seeing them grow :love:

This is my first winter (for a very long time) with buns.
I had a bit of a panic on Thursday night when I realised how cold it was going to be but they have fleece/vetbed over the front of the cage, hutch cover over that and then a huge hammock cover over the top of all that. And tones of hay (as usual) They have been fine :roll:
Tonight they have put themselves to bed early but only because I wouldn't let them eat the bamboo plants so there wasn't anything else for them to munch on :lol:

THis is twinsen and patricks first winter outside but they seem to be coping well! They both have amazingly fluffy winter coats too :shock:

Snow thickness isnt bad in newbiggin thanks to the sea (apparently).

My aunty and uncle live on afarm just outside wooler and apparently the snow is over my uncles knees in some places :shock:

i have one bunny indoors as the rest are in the shed with extra hay,
its so cold some of my bunnys are only 15 weeks old poor bunnys

I am lucky as my buns are in a large shed and ive been putting a heater on for them for a couple of hours at night. I really wish the snow would just go!!!
Mollyjoker, pleased mum and the babies are doing fine at least they have each other to snuggle up to. Flopsy still wants a friend :D

I am lucky as my buns are in a large shed and ive been putting a heater on for them for a couple of hours at night. I really wish the snow would just go!!!
Mollyjoker, pleased mum and the babies are doing fine at least they have each other to snuggle up to. Flopsy still wants a friend :D

This weather has meant we have closed the last few days so not been in Alnwick.They are lovely babies and getting lots of attention and handling .
Im sure i can find a lovely freind for Flopsy as i said will help with neutering .Just so want them to go to loving homes.

snow is very thick here, had to struggle from newcastle to sunderland as well :( the bunnies and piggies are inside though so they are fine :love::love: worried they might be a bit too warm from the heating if anything :lol:

This weather has meant we have closed the last few days so not been in Alnwick.They are lovely babies and getting lots of attention and handling .
Im sure i can find a lovely freind for Flopsy as i said will help with neutering .Just so want them to go to loving homes.

When you are back into Alnwick pop in and see me at work. I didn't manage to get on Saturday as it was to bad. I goyt on Friday but had to come home as it got really bad and Alnwick was completely blocked off for a few hrs.

Back