• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peaches Is Home!! :)

StaceyR

New Kit
Hi everyone, new to the forum :)

Have just adopted a mini lop (who isnt so mini!) she's 7 months old and her name is Peaches.

I was told by the previous owners that she was very nervous when being picked up, and when i initially went to see her she hissed at me when i put my hand in the hutch. Anyway, got her home, she was fine when i picked her out of the travel box to put her in her cage (she was an outdoor rabbit but I will be keeping her as a house bunny) but she's too big for the bed compartment in the hutch! so much for mini lop lol. She's just growled at me (I think) when i put my hand in her cage to put her mineral lick in and im just wondering if there is anything I can do to make her feel more at home? She also has a really fatty pouch underneath her neck, is this normal?

Thankyou for any replies! x

Hi everyone, new to the forum :)

Have just adopted a mini lop (who isnt so mini!) she's 7 months old and her name is Peaches.

I was told by the previous owners that she was very nervous when being picked up, and when i initially went to see her she hissed at me when i put my hand in the hutch. Anyway, got her home, she was fine when i picked her out of the travel box to put her in her cage (she was an outdoor rabbit but I will be keeping her as a house bunny) but she's too big for the bed compartment in the hutch! so much for mini lop lol. She's just growled at me (I think) when i put my hand in her cage to put her mineral lick in and im just wondering if there is anything I can do to make her feel more at home? She also has a really fatty pouch underneath her neck, is this normal?

Thankyou for any replies! x

is she a big bunny or a fat bunny? sounds like she could be a dwarf or frenchie if she's big :shock:
She shouldnt need a mineral lick :wave:
The fat pouch is called a dewlap, its normal in some bunnies, has she been speyed (I think unspeyed does get them more) or if she's overweight she'll have one :wave: hopefully she'll settle down and stop growling soon, cant wait to see photos :D

I will take piccies tomorrow and post them! it says on her vet card that shes a mini lop? i think shes a bit chubby to be honest, and she isn't speyed so thats the next thing on my list, it seems to be if i move my hands too fast in the cage she sort of grunts/growls and flinches but fingers crossed when she gets used to me she will stop it! x

I will take piccies tomorrow and post them! it says on her vet card that shes a mini lop? i think shes a bit chubby to be honest, and she isn't speyed so thats the next thing on my list, it seems to be if i move my hands too fast in the cage she sort of grunts/growls and flinches but fingers crossed when she gets used to me she will stop it! x

she may be a cross breed :wave: poor thing is probably just scared, well done for taking her in :D

Back