• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who's bringing in their buns?

Are you bringing in your bunnies for the winter?

• Yes

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 42 76.4%

• Total voters

clarebear

Mama Doe
Just wonder who was bringing their bunnies in for the winter? I am still undecided what to do, but it sounds like the weather is going to get worse this week. Thought a poll might help me decide! :?

Mum won't allow me to bring Riley indoors so he will have to stay in his hutch outside :(
I fill it with lots of straw and hay, he already has a cover on his water bottle and has a blanket and tarp that covers the roof and front of the hutch. His run is also covered with my brothers skateramp so all the rain and snow can run off as it is higher at one end :oops:
Sorry, got a bit carried away there :oops:

I brought wish and her friends in in October because I don't think she will cope with the cold. I am also bringing my new foster bunnies in today because they are very vulnerable bunnies and will thrive better inside.

My 10 outside bunnies are staying otuside because currently all are healthy and thriving out there and that's where they belong.

I brought my bunnies in a couple of weeks ago, best thing I could have done and I wish I could had brought them in for previous winters, just didn't have the space back then.

They have the full run of my bedroom which is huge, they have all their toys/tunnels/boxes and everything and are happy.
I'm happy too knowing they are warm and also knowing I dont have to go out in the cold to sit with them.
Oh and the best thing is.....they keep snuggling up to me when I go to bed :love:
I thought they wouldn't be interested on getting on the bed, how wrong was I!

I brought my bunnies in a couple of weeks ago, best thing I could have done and I wish I could had brought them in for previous winters, just didn't have the space back then.

They have the full run of my bedroom which is huge, they have all their toys/tunnels/boxes and everything and are happy.
I'm happy too knowing they are warm and also knowing I dont have to go out in the cold and sit with them.
Oh and the best thing is.....they keep snuggling up to me when I go to bed :love:
I thought they wouldn't be interested on getting on the bed, how wrong was I!

Aww that's lovely :love:

i have voted no, my bunnies will be staying outside...

But my rabbits have their hutch in the garage anyway... So they dont get as cold as they would outside.

I have 5 indoors permanently and one of own and a foster bun outside. Diego loves it outside and has a really thick woolie coat. Max is a cashmere so has a lovely snuggly coat and enjoys being outside.

My two are indoors permanently - but with temps forecasted to be 35C+ during the week there is no way I would have them outdoors in any case.

My boys will stay in their aviary - they have hutches and hidey holes stuffed with hay, and fleecey blankies. Three sides are boarded in, there are shutters on the front, and the garden bits get covered at night. So far the water hasn't frozen in there, despite the bird baths etc freezing solid.

My 6 are staying outside. They are all in pairs and are in good health. I only have room for 2 indoors and couldn't favour one pair over another.

My 9 1/2 yr old prefers it outside anyway, but I would bring her and her companion in if she became ill.

I'd like to say yes, but they're both healthy and enjoy it much more out there. I'd only be bringing them in for my own selfish reasons, so they'll be staying out in the their playhouse and aviary

My adult ladies are staying out, but I've been worried about them.

They had lots of straw, bubblewrapped and blanket-covered hutches a fleece igloo each and snugglesafe day and night. However, my mum visited today with a brilliant insulation contraption that she'd devised over the week - loads of large pillows covered in plastic bags and sealed with duct tape to go around the hutches. She said that she was inspired by the lagging on her water tank at home, so made an extra large bunny version. It must have taken her hours. She had also purchased two huge new piece of waterproof-backed carpet to completely cover the hutches at night. The hutches now look bizarre but very cosy. So the girls now have bubblewrapped, lagged, carpeted and tarped hutches as well as their cosy igloo and snugglesafes and carboard insulation inside. Oh, and because she ran out of old pillows when making her space-age hutch cosy, mum used the new pillows from her bed :shock:

Unfortunately she pulled a muscle in her chest lugging the pillow contraption and carpets from her flat upstairs to the boot of her car.

I have a lovely mummy :love:

I'd like to say yes, but they're both healthy and enjoy it much more out there. I'd only be bringing them in for my own selfish reasons, so they'll be staying out in the their playhouse and aviary

I think maybe that's what I would be doing. Although because Bramble is on his own, it would be nice company for him.

My adult ladies are staying out, but I've been worried about them.

They had lots of straw, bubblewrapped and blanket-covered hutches a fleece igloo each and snugglesafe day and night. However, my mum visited today with a brilliant insulation contraption that she'd devised over the week - loads of large pillows covered in plastic bags and sealed with duct tape to go around the hutches. She said that she was inspired by the lagging on her water tank at home, so made an extra large bunny version. It must have taken her hours. She had also purchased two huge new piece of waterproof-backed carpet to completely cover the hutches at night. The hutches now look bizarre but very cosy. So the girls now have bubblewrapped, lagged, carpeted and tarped hutches as well as their cosy igloo and snugglesafes and carboard insulation inside. Oh, and because she ran out of old pillows when making her space-age hutch cosy, mum used the new pillows from her bed :shock:

Unfortunately she pulled a muscle in her chest lugging the pillow contraption and carpets from her flat upstairs to the boot of her car.

I have a lovely mummy :love:

What a top mummy you have! :D Sounds like your bunnies will keep lovely and warm.

the pillow idea is a very good idea!!

mine are outside and will stay outside unless the weather gets really bad. The Boyfriend wasn't impressed with them taking over the spare room until May last year so wants them to stay out!

Mine have a hutch stuffed with straw and hay. I just made a little bed for them today out of a box and fleece blanket and put that in. The hutch is covered with a cover i made out of silver insulation. On top there is a piece of carpet and three pillow cases filled with straw and the whole lot of covered with a tarp. Just got to find myself a clear shower curtain (i am having trouble finding one!) that i am going to attach with velcro to the front of the silver hutch cover so that can be stuck down over the front of the hutch at night.

my vote

my rabbit is outside even through today her water bottle iced up and that was annoying however she's cozy with plenty of hay and straw and towels as covers on the hutch
I wish i could have her inside however she loves watching the world go by in the garden and i have no space inside.

mine are staying out, am wrapping up the hutch as best I can and they have a snugglesafe, which they ignore and stay down in the run!

just don't have the room inside.

Back