• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do I do about Pixies new 'FRIENDS'???

Hi all, :wave:

hope buns and mums are ok and weathers not too cold brrrrrr!

Ok so I have a little problem.

Pixie is all settled now. We have had her about 10 weeks and she seems to like her hutch and eating!!
About a week ago when I was doing her morning wake up I filled up her empty water bowl and could have sworn there were little mice poo in it!

This has been a regular sight morning and night but I havent seen sight of them, so thought it was bits of her food (yes very little bits I know)
We did have little visitors a week after we had her and hubby soon sorted it.

So yesterday I was horrified when I saw one running out of the hutch. :censored: Little blighter was in Pixies food bowl and seemed to run out of the bed! Pixie just sat there though.

Is this normal? My OH is not ammused as Pixies home is on patio close to house and now obsesed with them getting in here.

What should I do????? traps/poison? And why isnt Pixie seeing them off?

Today is clean out day and Im a little worried about putting my hand in the bed TBH !!!!

Any advice greatly appreciated guys. Thanks.

Clean her hutch out thoroughly and get some smaller wire so mice cannot get through
You do need to get rid of them as they can carry diseases which may affect the rabbit
Mice will go anywhere there is food and warmth..so sweep up regularly and the smaller mesh wore will stop them entering her hutch

Clean her hutch out thoroughly and get some smaller wire so mice cannot get through
You do need to get rid of them as they can carry diseases which may affect the rabbit
Mice will go anywhere there is food and warmth..so sweep up regularly and the smaller mesh wore will stop them entering her hutch

^^ Great advice here. You can get fine mesh from here http://www.meshdirect.co.uk/Wire-Me...e-1-4ins-x-1-4ins-holes-3ft-x-20ft-pr-13.html this will definitely keep the mice out. You may want to do her run as well if you think they are getting in there as well in which case you may need more than one roll depending on how big your run is.

I never have food lying around as my buns have so few pellets that they are gone in a couple of minutes plus I've got into the habit of feeding from my hands til it's all gone so there is minimal risk of mice.

thanks

Thats good advice.

I already have chicken wire round but have stood watching and one squezed through.:shock: ran up and streight to food bowl :evil:

I have put a trap behind hutch ( sorry if you dont like them:( but needs must im affraid)

My OH has some transparrent perspex that he said he will put across bottom of run. Hes gonna velcro it so I can have access to bottom door.

I do sweep regular and all her food is in a big plastic lidded box.

I just hate fact that she has mice :cry:

Yes you need to get rid of the mice...

Me and my dad cleared the whole garage out just for 1 mouse :shock: :lol:
We thought there was more but only 1 :roll:

The small square mesh is great, we have it on the aviary and the mice cant get in.

We now.. hopefully have the garage mouse-proof :roll:

We usually use traps aswell... but this time there was no need.

Mice can get through any hole that's the size of a biro or larger.

As others have said make sure all food in her bowl is gone quickly and that you leave nothing edible lying around.

Unfortunately it's that time of year and they will get food from any easy source.

Back