• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I limit time in the snow?

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Bunnies are usually out on the garden all day on Saturdays- should I limit their time today because of the snow? They both live outside so are used to the cold but I am worried about them getting cold and damp feet from playing in it!

Have they got a shelter in the run? If so, I wouldn't worry, but that's just my opinion ;)

Have they got a shelter in the run? If so, I wouldn't worry, but that's just my opinion ;)

I mean free ranging. They have got wendy houses with attached covered runs and the door is left open so they can go back in if they want. I just didnt know if they should be allowed to free range all day as the snow is all over the garden.

I think as long as you dry them off it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Im not sure if i would have them on the snow the whole day - just because of the cold and damp (if it were just cold i would keep them out all day). I think you know them best and if they seem fine then there isn't a problem! I'd just keep a few towels handy for drying them off :)

Thanks. They both chose to go back in after a run round anyway! Strawbs was not impressed by the snow at all!

Spenser eventually retired to his hutch, where he is now fur-puddled in the sun. :love: Judging by the binkies he liked the snow! :)

Back