• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit that has no or little whiskers means what?

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
When I first get Bobby in May, he has absolutely no whiskers on his cheek. I assume his previous owner shaves it somehow. In the past 2 months, a few (less than 5) grows back, but not long whiskers.

What does this really means? All my other rabbits in the past 10 years has regular length whiskers. This bun, a mini Rex, is the 1st bun I have that has very little whiskers.

When I first get Bobby in May, he has absolutely no whiskers on his cheek. I assume his previous owner shaves it somehow. In the past 2 months, a few (less than 5) grows back, but not long whiskers.

What does this really means? All my other rabbits in the past 10 years has regular length whiskers. This bun, a mini Rex, is the 1st bun I have that has very little whiskers.

Rexes dont have long whiskers, just very short curly ones. Some are barely visible. :)

013-27-1.jpg

005-38-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

Last edited:
Also, if the bunny had a friend, often the dominant rabbit can chew off the whiskers of am ore submissive rabbit. That's unlikely to be the case here with it beign a rex, so identified that they have weird whiskers. Just thought I would throw that out there :)

My bridge bun Harvey was a rex and had curly whiskers :love:
He also had long/straight ones too :? :lol:

IMG_0903.jpg

Binky free :love:

Also, if the bunny had a friend, often the dominant rabbit can chew off the whiskers of am ore submissive rabbit. That's unlikely to be the case here with it beign a rex, so identified that they have weird whiskers. Just thought I would throw that out there :)

Think my rexes do both - they dont grow very long anyway, but Phoenix and Kylo definately look "barbered" sometimes!!!

P.s. I've been taught most animals shouldnt eat raw porridge oats as they swell in the stomach, they should be soaked first. :?

Back