• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amount of pellets in the winter

beki

Mama Doe
I give my two bunnies a handful between them in the morning and again in the evening. I do think most of this is eaten by one bunny. I have been tempted in the cold to give them bigger handfuls and admit I have been doing so. They are in a hutch outdoors. Do rabbits need To be given more food in the winter? I have noticed they are getting through a lot more hay at the moment

I give mine more pellets and they still eat plenty of hay apart from roger who won't really touch any hay he just has a nibble evry now and then it's not done mine any harm and daisy and maisy are 6 1/2 now

I must confess Spenser is getting a few extra pellets slipped to him. :oops: I know he needs to eat more hay, but when I cut down his pellets it has no effect on his hay eating and I don't want him losing weight in this weather.

Mine only used to get pellets in the morning and veg in the evening with hay all the time but these past few days ive been giving them extra pellets in the evening to......I just feel so bad for them in this cold weather and they love their pellets, I didnt think feeding them up abit more would do to much harm!?
Ive been using afew diff bowls and putting some pellets in each bowl and moving them to diff parts of the shed so that once they have finished their veg they have to go looking for the pellets. x

Back