• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

shes dying...stupid vet...grrrrrr

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
our beautiful bun from BARC renamed dazy-mae is dying........

yesterday i took her to emsworth vets with soft poops and not eating properly..stress from bonding....
he said she was grade one stasis....and gave her jabs of metacam and metaclopramide and gave me oraL solution to take home.
later last night nikki noticed a lump in her tummy.
emsworth vets said shed be ok enough to leave the few hrs till morning.
so i took her to local vet and said wed found a haematoma from a bunny bite from merlin during bonding. she said yes it was shaved her fur and told me it didnt need antibx....but gave me some to hold onto..as it was almosty weekend.
i was having sooo many blackouts due to my lack of sleep...my epileptic blackouts i could hardly stand let alone talk.
nikki was alseep when i got back and i had to have some sleep..i was going to have a fit otherwise. a few hrs later we began dosing her again and feeding her.

she got worse and worse and eventually we took her to emsworth out of hours..and the vet was horrified.
poor dazy-mae..she was pyrexic. Her temp was 42
the vet was surprised she was still alive. her tummy was empty..even with the feeds.
she said shes basically dying and theyre going to give her a chance but to expect her to die within a few hrs.:cry:
omg how did it come to this:cry::cry:

buns bonding always nip each other and bites do occur.
why didnt my vet take her temp this morning.....shes normally good like that.

why did i not realise.....

im a BAD BUNNY MUMMY i shouldnt have pets esp rabbitys if my health gets in the way.

poor sweet dazy-mae. at leasy bluebell her sister is with her:(

animed will NOT keep bonded buns together..no room they say.

im so sorry

Oh how horrid for you and her. You have done everything right, and kept fighting for her. You can't have done more than this. As you say, the vet should have done more this morning. That's not your fault.

I truly, truly hope that she does pull through though.

thank you..but we all know shes dying....i hate this i really do.
i just hope she goes as painlessly as poss......and forgives me. :cry:

That is incredibly sad. I so hope she manages to recover. Sending loads and loads of vibes xxxxxx

I'm so sorry, that's awful. You're not the one who let her down though. Hope for a miracle for her xxx

I am so very very sorry. And no you aren't a bad bunny mummy. You have done everything you can for her. Will cross everything that somehow she pulls through - otherwise will hope her passing is as comfortable as possible :cry:

awww Debbie ... i have replied to your pm :(:(

i am thinking of you this morning :(..i will keep checking for updates :(

and i dont blame you one bit .

I'm so sorry. We all put our trust in our vets as they should do the right thing. You did all you could.

Thinking of you and hoping for a miracle.

Back