• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

letting rabbits in the snow

neenee

Warren Scout
Currently my rabbits live in the shed, it doesnt have a run attached because we live in rented accomodation and the shed isnt ours, we will only be here a year anyway. I often let them have the run of my garden, especially when im cleaning them out cos they get in the way :lol: So tommorow when i clean them out do i take them inside to dry them off? :? because its cold i doubt they would dry naturally but its going to be such a pain to dry them everytime i let them out

don't take them into a warm room because of the drastic change in temperatures you could make them ill, they should be OK to bob about outside whilst you are cleaning them out and dry them off in the shed

It depends on how wet they are. As dinklepip said, the drastic temperature change is not recommended, if they're just spotted they'll dry out quick enough in their hutch. If wet through, towel them off and take them inside to the coolest room you have to dry off. You never know, they might not want to go outside anyway.

Back