• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spoilt Bunnies!

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
So Mum and I went up to P@H tonight because I was really running low on timothy hay. An hour later, after adoring all the animals, I spent almost £20 on litterbox hay, two bags of "eating" hay and a pretty small bag of Burgess Exel. So expensive in there.

Then, as we were leaving, I spotted "The Hutch".

The PERFECT hutch that my Mum and I have been looking for for the buns, for my christmas present. It was the only one left in the store and had been reduced from £150 to £80, and it's HUGE:shock: It's got two levels, but I'll be taking out the ramp and blocking off the hole as they'll be living separately at first. Honestly I opened the doors of it and was shocked, the space inside is so huge. I'll be able to make it SO cozy for the winter for them:) It's got proper bolts on the doors so I won't have to worry about adding them, a lovely insulated roof, and is just really nice:) I'm so excited! We're picking it up tomorrow.

Oh, and then I came home and ordered £25 worth of stuff to go in it from ECF:oops:

At least the bunnies, and my, christmas presents are sorted!!:D

When you get all set up, make sure you put pics on here, i'm always looking for new ideas for the buns... :wave:

That hutch sounds ace :D Tell me about it though, ive spent about £30 on christmas presents so far and iam no way near finished shopping for the bunnies :p

When you get all set up, make sure you put pics on here, i'm always looking for new ideas for the buns... :wave:

I will do:) I'll probs get beaten up though because it doesn't have a run attached and they live on wood shavings atm:roll:

I can't remember what it's called... all I know is that it's not being sold any more as it was the last one left over from summer:)
And ECF is equinecaninefeline:)

Ohh, I'm so silly :roll: :oops:
I have been looking at hutches lately as Riley needs a new one and mum keeps asking me what I want for christmas. I have told her several times that I want a hutch but she keeps asking which one I want! I don't know :lol:
Will have a look in P@H tomorrow to see what ones they have. I will probably get beaten up like you for buying from there. Riley has a run attached to his hutch but his set-up is really small at the moment :( :oops:

I will do:) I'll probs get beaten up though because it doesn't have a run attached and they live on wood shavings atm:roll:

When I first got mine they had wood shavings and mines a P@H hutch... but I went to pound land and got some laminate flooring tiles for £1 (unsuprisingly) cover the bottom of the hutch with those and then put fleeces in it. So much easier to clean and much more snuggly...
Fleeces are from asda for £2 and are big enough to cut in half..
Saved me LOADS of money doing it this way..

as for a run attached to the front.. whilst Indy's not neutered I can't do it as Lunas about but i've got a puppy pen that I put on the front and I peg a scarf to the top of it..

Now... wheres my blue peters badge...

Ohh, I'm so silly :roll: :oops:
I have been looking at hutches lately as Riley needs a new one and mum keeps asking me what I want for christmas. I have told her several times that I want a hutch but she keeps asking which one I want! I don't know :lol:
Will have a look in P@H tomorrow to see what ones they have. I will probably get beaten up like you for buying from there. Riley has a run attached to his hutch but his set-up is really small at the moment :( :oops:

There's one in there that's a single level and really quite long... don't know if it's on the website though:)
Don't worry, you're trying your best to improve it and that's all that matters:)

When I first got mine they had wood shavings and mines a P@H hutch... but I went to pound land and got some laminate flooring tiles for £1 (unsuprisingly) cover the bottom of the hutch with those and then put fleeces in it. So much easier to clean and much more snuggly...
Fleeces are from asda for £2 and are big enough to cut in half..
Saved me LOADS of money doing it this way..

as for a run attached to the front.. whilst Indy's not neutered I can't do it as Lunas about but i've got a puppy pen that I put on the front and I peg a scarf to the top of it..

Now... wheres my blue peters badge...

YOU CAN GET THEM IN POUNDLAND?!?!! I am getting myself straight down there, I've been wanting to use proper flooring for soooo long. I have loads of fleeces/blankets/beds already.. it would be perfect:D

YOU CAN GET THEM IN POUNDLAND?!?!! I am getting myself straight down there, I've been wanting to use proper flooring for soooo long. I have loads of fleeces/blankets/beds already.. it would be perfect:D

they the ''wood effect'' tiles that are sticky on the bottom and they are wipe clean !!

Back