• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits eat tarragon?

sidney &lola

Mama Doe
Its probably been asked many times already, but can i give tarragon to my buns? I havent seen it on any of the 'safe' lists. And i went a bit crazy in the fresh herb section and got some just in case- but havent let them try any yet!!

Tescos have an offer on big fat bunches of dill/basil/parsley and mint 2 for £1.50 so naturally i stood and went through the box to get the biggest bunches!!:oops:
DSC00677.jpg

Lola and SiDney really enjoyed there bargains!!
DSC00680.jpg

DSC00679.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, no idea! I've never bought tarragon, I wouldn't know what kind of human foods it would go with, I guess that's why I've never thought about buying it for the bunnies! If that makes sense!

Mine love dill and basil and mint - I tried them on tarragon and they didn't touch it they sniffed it and moved away from it. I'd say no because they are very savvy when it comes to herbs and greens and what is good or bad.;)

No I couldn't I got some reduced and offered them all one stalk - none of them were interested at all, in fact they almost turned their noses up at it so I took it out, I just knew it wasn't a good idea and binned it.

Should have cooked with it!

Mine eat it but then again mine eat anything and everything as I'm mean with the pellets :lol:. It's rosemary that mine won't touch.

Mine eat it but then again mine eat anything and everything as I'm mean with the pellets :lol:. It's rosemary that mine won't touch.

No mine don't eat Rosemary either :? Come to think of it they aren't overawed with Thyme either - both have been growing outside in pots and they will try and nibble something else in preference to these, I just stick to flat leaf parsley, basil, dill, mint now on rotation to prevent boredom, their favourite is dill without question.

My two eat it when nothing else is there. They eat all the veg apart from that, then go bak to it later on. I only buy it if it is reduced to much cheapness :)

Back