• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how long does a bag of science selective last?

10kg - roughly over a month.

I have 4 bunnies and they have two small cup fulls for breakfast and dinner.

Last edited:
I have 2 rabbits and they get through about 3 2 kilo bags annually so about 6 kilos of food a year. I only feed pellets in the winter and as it happens they had their first pellets today :wave:

1.5kg bag lasts us about a month for four.

One eggcup (or two tablespoons) each for the lionheads
One and a half eggcups (or three tablespoons) each for the lops

I mix one 350g bag £1.99 into 2.5kg approx of Chudleys Rabbit Royale and that lasts me approx 1 week to 10 days for 4 - a 15kg bag of Chudleys is £15.00 inc delivery.

I feed a bowl each the size of their head per day. Most mornings I probably throw a quarter away at least as it isn't always finished, I don't like to leave it till it's gone, they get fresh. Works for me but, mine are more greedy over hay and greens than dried food. I buy meadow, Oat wheat & Barley, Oat hay and sometimes readigrass, they get fresh meadow and either Oat Wheat and Barley or Oat or a mixture to fill their baskets, fresh meadow in the litter trays. My rabbits don't tend to overeat as I've read they can have a tendancy to do, I think because they are quite active and mentally stimulated.:wave:

When I ordered in August, a 3kg bag was supposed to last for almost three months for my two. They get between 30 and 40 grams a day. I ordered 12 kg so it would last for a year.

Buttttt then little Pip came along and little Pip is a little monster.. She's still growing so I feed her at least twice the amount I feed Fred & Feline. Now there's only 3 kg left of those 12 kg.. So that's about 1,5 month for 3 kg with three bunnies.

Back